Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

sensus not woeking

Views : 950

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 18:39   #11
games133

Quote:
Originally Posted by tails View Post
get yourself a sat nav from halfords,theirs some good buys.
i allready have 3 diffrent satnav softwear on my phone lol. but the button not working will bug me whilst i ahev the car lol
games133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 19:07   #12
Turnwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by games133 View Post
i allready have 3 diffrent satnav softwear on my phone lol. but the button not working will bug me whilst i ahev the car lol
If it was important why didn’t you buy a car that had the Nav included? I would argue that Volvo should have included it in all models as standard long ago, but given that it was a £500 option at the point of purchase why do you expect a Volvo dealer to unlock it for you now for significantly less than that?

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 20:03   #13
HDAV
Master Member

Suggest a trip to PCE may be best or perhaps try Swansea FRF if closer....

There was a case recently with a guy in Ireland who was Sam waiting turned out it was a nav model but nav wasn’t activated at pdi..... was done for free

What year car and what spec?

Last edited by HDAV; Jan 22nd, 2019 at 20:09.
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 16:19   #14
games133

its a se lux it has the nav button and that it has all the part just not satnav installed.
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 18:30   #15
Rex65

SE Lux never had nav as standard. It was a dealer installed option.
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 19:37   #16
games133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex65 View Post
ive talked to three other dealers and volvo uk all say my cr should have satnav installed from the factory. all the other dealers say its installed at the factory then activated at the dealers. volvo uk who i rang this afternoon said it should work fine and dont understand why its not. and they are more intreged why my loacal dealer want charger £756 it put sopftwear that allready in in. they going ring the dealerand find out why tomorrow and ring me back .
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 19:39   #17
games133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex65 View Post
ive talked to three other dealers and volvo uk all say my cr should have satnav installed from the factory. all the other dealers say its installed at the factory then activated at the dealers. volvo uk who i rang this afternoon said it should work fine and dont understand why its not. and they are more intreged why my loacal dealer want charger £756 it put sopftwear that allready in in. they going ring the dealerand find out why tomorrow and ring me back .

frf who i rang first cant understand how my local dealer knows its going cost £756 with out looking at the car
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 20:48   #18
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by games133 View Post

frf who i rang first cant understand how my local dealer knows its going cost £756 with out looking at the car
Good luck like i said there was a fella who found out it was never activated at pdi and got it sorted free...... thread should be here somewhere...
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277017

Last edited by HDAV; Jan 23rd, 2019 at 20:59. Reason: link
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 18:05   #19
games133

been in touch with volvo uk and apparently my car didnt come with satnav softwear,. so now im down to 2 option. 1 leave it and just use my phone second option buy a second handcd/dvd/ satnav drive and see if thet will work in my car i could get it coded at a spelists
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 12:58   #20
Robbie34

You can buy a top of the range Garmin sat nav with lifetime free updates for a little over £200.
Robbie34 is offline   Reply With Quote