Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying a used V60, petrol vs diesel and manual vs auto

Views : 4710

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 12:35   #31
blacoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
I have since bought a D5 V60 geartronic 215 after making this thread. My long term average is 47mpg calculated from Fuelly app. Rarely go above 70mph, at that speed car calculates I get 50-55mpg, drop to 50-60 mph and 60-70mpg is possible...if slow!

I wouldn’t want this car in a manual, automatic suits it more. Nice and relaxing.
I wanted to send you pm but my account here is too young. Well I appreciate your help. Is your car on 17wheels or 18s? I am sure this also affect consumption slightly. Have you ever changed oil in the geartronic? If so how much it is? I assume it is pretty expensive and may be a bit difficult to find the right garage but I want to do it as soon as I get the car.
blacoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 17:36   #32
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacoov View Post
I wanted to send you pm but my account here is too young. Well I appreciate your help. Is your car on 17wheels or 18s? I am sure this also affect consumption slightly. Have you ever changed oil in the geartronic? If so how much it is? I assume it is pretty expensive and may be a bit difficult to find the right garage but I want to do it as soon as I get the car.
I believe you need to post 30 times to PM, but you can get that bumped up, there is a thread somewhere for that.
17’s. I can’t see wheel size affecting consumption much. I’m happy on 17’s, it’s a more comfortable ride than the larger wheels, and an R-Design is a firmer ride too.
I have not, have read plenty about 36k gearbox oil changes if the car is used for towing or hard work such as as a taxi. I believe a full replacement at a main dealer is about £300, requires 16 litres of oil if I remember rightly.
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 07:37   #33
blacoov

Little update. I have now finished searching for facelifted V60 I. After having some time with automatic D5 I decided it makes perfect sense to match this engine with automatic gearbox. Car is a little heavy on fuel but compensates it all with very comfortable and relaxed drive. If you wish it can go very fast. Coming from 200bhp diesel myself I was pleasantly surprised by how it pulls. Kickdown for someone not used to driving automatic was a bit of a shock. Gearbox is certainly not the fastest but it is smooth and quick enough for everyday drive. I can definitely confirm manual mode includes all of the gears and it is nice to use even though model I bought has no paddles.It resembles the feeling of driving a manual car still.

I wanted to thank you all for helping me out to pick the right car.
The Following User Says Thank You to blacoov For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 08:05   #34
dhr90

Congratulations on your new purchase. Remember to post photos
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 20:48   #35
blacoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. Remember to post photos
I Will try to when i get a good weather day.

Little update on fuel consumption. Covered about 66 miles (M3 + London traffic) acc set on 80-85mph + stop/start traffic entering London. 44.1MPG (6.4L) I find it pretty good although I must confess it has bigger appetite on fuel than my 2.0cr tdi 170. Overall I find it pretty decent for 2.4 D5 auto and using acc most of the time that is not the most economical way of driving on hilly motorway.
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 22:24   #36
GrahamHR

I've yet to get my wife to drive my V60 Polestar. She likes to drive reasonably powerful cars (hers is a 185 HP Mazda 3 diesel), but hasn't ever driven an automatic.

She is resigned to driving an automatic (i.e. an electric car) eventually, She is missing out so much by not driving the V60.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 23:24   #37
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHR View Post
I've yet to get my wife to drive my V60 Polestar. She likes to drive reasonably powerful cars (hers is a 185 HP Mazda 3 diesel), but hasn't ever driven an automatic.

She is resigned to driving an automatic (i.e. an electric car) eventually, She is missing out so much by not driving the V60.
If you’re looking for people to drive your Polestar, I can take it off your hands for a while