Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2009 XC90 D5 185 HP - Turbo Actuator Replacement

Views : 1666

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 21:24   #1
Volvopop

Default 2009 XC90 D5 185 HP - Turbo Actuator Replacement

Hello,
I have a problem with the turbo actuator in my Volvo XC90 2009 5D AWD (185 HP). I took the car to the agency and after a lot of testings they found out the faulty part was the turbo actuator, I have been searching and had some help from fellows in other forum, too to find the replacement. For some reason we can only find China knockoffs for the turbo actuator (Which I am not sure if they work or if they are worth a try) and this other company that is from the UK called actronics, which for me looks a bit like a scam, but maybe someone else knows about them?

Sadly for me, the actronics website specifies they only serve concessionaires and shops. So I have little few options, I wanted to try and double check the code for the turbo actuator, my initial problem was that I didn't know the code(and some other specs of my vehicle, now I do!), because the agency didn't gave me the complete code, just these:

6NW009543 | 763797

After some search and help from my fellows in the other forum I found out that I probably need the replacement with the code:

6NW009543 |763797 | G-26 | H-04WT2

Is there some way to change that part by myself? I can't find a tutorial about it, also I can't find oem replacements to buy or re builded ones. I just find places that ask me to send them my actuator as an exchange or to repair it. I am not from the UK, nor the states, so I am not really sure how these works.

Sorry if some of the things may sound dumb, I am pretty new to these and have never entered a forum to ask about my car until yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
Volvopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 17:33   #2
chillywhingers

Craig Rawse Motors did mine in Bradford 01274 743310. Huddersfield Volvo breakers might help 01484 603239 these are UK based.

Last edited by chillywhingers; Nov 10th, 2019 at 17:37.
chillywhingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 11:01   #3
binty

Lightbulb Some you tube tutorials on it

Hi firstly I have not tried this myself but researched it for a friends XC90.
There are a few you tube tutorials on this, not Volvo specific but for a Garrett turbo.
Lots of them seem to say the issue is the turbo control arm gets stuck due to the wastegate getting blocked.
This means the arm is sticky or jammed and the actuator (electric on yours I think, but vacuum
on earlier cars) can’t move it.
Might be worth disconnecting the link to the actuator arm and see if you can move it by hand and if it is smooth.
If not there are tutorials on how to dismantle and clean the turbo. It does not seem as scary as I first thought but will take a few hours of your time.
As you can imagine garages would prefer to replace parts and get a guaranteed outcome for less labour.
If you do need an actuator I found a few used ones on eBay.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Maybe someone in here as actually done one? I feel a bit of an armchair warrior on this one.😊
Mercedes SLK 250d 9G auto AMG line (Black)
Previous Volvos C30 Rdesign 2.0D (black), C30 Rdesign 1.6D (black), S60 T5 (black)
binty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xc90 d5, xc90 turbo actuator