Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Clutch

Views : 765

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 11th, 2014, 12:29   #1
tooleduptiger
tooleduptiger

Default V60 Clutch

I bought my 2012 V60 R-Design just over a month ago and have just taken it for its second year service.

Just been informed that the clutch is going after only 24000 and will cost £1200 (provided the fly wheel is not damaged).

I know the garage has said that the previous owner could have been riding the clutch but how long should one last, and is £1200 reasonable for a replacement clutch?
tooleduptiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 16:10   #2
thanosgr
Thanos

Last week i change the clutch on my XC60 D5 AWD after 122.000 klm.
It is two day's very tricky job.
And if you have AWD like my own, it need to get out firts the "transfer"
And for this you must change the oil (SAE 75W GL 4).
But £1200 is too much.
My dealer askde me 750€.
I did it in a local garage for 550€.
400€ for the spare part's from SKANDIX and 150€ the engineer for the work.
thanosgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 16:17   #3
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanosgr View Post
400€ for the spare part's from SKANDIX and 150€ the engineer for the work.
€150 equates to around £100 these days and for that you would get around 1.5hrs of work in a UK dealership - even an independants would give you a lot more than 3 hrs and that doesn't equate (in my book) to a complex job

How many hours did it take, or what is the hourly rate in Greece - clearly a lot lower than UK
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 18:49   #4
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooleduptiger View Post
I bought my 2012 V60 R-Design just over a month ago and have just taken it for its second year service.

Just been informed that the clutch is going after only 24000 and will cost £1200 (provided the fly wheel is not damaged).

I know the garage has said that the previous owner could have been riding the clutch but how long should one last, and is £1200 reasonable for a replacement clutch?
If you only bought it a month ago, you potentially have a Sale of Goods Act claim against the garage. Or the very mention of it might get them to pay / offer a contribution!

When was the car last serviced? Was it serviced at the same place which sold you the car? Did they do any sort of inspection etc. on the vehicle? Was it a Volvo Selekt car?
tickedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 20:03   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooleduptiger View Post

so it it is still in warranty and has a low mileage , what do you mean by the clutch is "going" ? I think your first move if you havent already done so is to take it to the main dealer for their appraisal . It may be in your best interest . I have a feeling you may have bought it and got it serviced outside the volvo network , which won't be in your favour , but still worth a try .
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 17:29   #6
thanosgr
Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
€150 equates to around £100 these days and for that you would get around 1.5hrs of work in a UK dealership - even an independants would give you a lot more than 3 hrs and that doesn't equate (in my book) to a complex job

How many hours did it take, or what is the hourly rate in Greece - clearly a lot lower than UK
I don't now the hourly rate.
I leave the car Friday morning and pick it up Saturday noon.
The dealer wanted 250€ (£200) and 500€ (£414) for the parts.
Certainly a few years ago would like a lot more.
thanosgr is online now   Reply With Quote