Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 Review

Views : 825

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2014, 22:48   #1
volvorocks
Rodney

Default S60 Review

Thought I would post this as I felt it quite correct, and kind of what I think also. Irish review as well so an extra bonus!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 15:46   #2
Mike Arnold
Master Member

I love my S60 but I do hate the electronic parking brake and the annyoing boing! boing! when you unclip the seat belt whilst still rolling (my dealer says they are not allowed to turn it off).
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 16:00   #3
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
I love my S60 but I do hate the electronic parking brake and the annyoing boing! boing! when you unclip the seat belt whilst still rolling (my dealer says they are not allowed to turn it off).
But the ''boing boing'' can be altered so it is not so loud. Done by the dealer.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 17:50   #4
GMcL
0's and 1's

If he reads the manual he'll see he can switch the doors from opening only the drivers door to opening all, this resolves the question about the rear doors and boot remaining locked when the drivers door is opened. It works on mine anyway.

Agree with him about the heater, option should be there for the driver to set both sides if they want, especially when there is only the driver in the car.

The grocery bag holder is useful for the boot. I had it on my previous car, it was useful. Miss it on the newer car but it's not the end of the world for me.

Parking brake works for me problem for me is the poor location, it really should be in the middle of the car.

The new 2014 model with the LED lights in the bumper but no headlights. Are the rear lights also off ? Looks like Volvo have finally abandoned their daylight model with front, rear and sides illuminated and are now following the herd by only having a couple of front facing LEDs on.
Can't wait for Volvo to integrate them into the headlight unit and then have to include some nonsensical logic to dim the LEDs when indicating.

Who seriously thought that was a good idea rather than think hang on a minute we've really screwed up here if we have to dim the LEDs in order to make the indicator visible?

Only other thing, which maybe comes with a few miles, is the rattling of doors in the frame/rubbing on the rubbers. That really does my head in. Not what I expected of my second Volvo after the P2 car.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:26   #5
stobart volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
If he reads the manual he'll see he can switch the doors from opening only the drivers door to opening all, this resolves the question about the rear doors and boot remaining locked when the drivers door is opened. It works on mine anyway.
I think you misunderstood him, he's on about when the car doors autolock as you drive. Then you stop and the driver gets out, all the doors are still locked from the outside. In some high end cars, when the doors autolock and the driver then opens his door they all unlock and then autolock as you drive off again.

I will say the handbrake is annoying. I've had a golf that auto engaged each time you came to a stop and took the car out of gear
stobart volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 13:16   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stobart volvo View Post
I think you misunderstood him, he's on about when the car doors autolock as you drive. Then you stop and the driver gets out, all the doors are still locked from the outside. In some high end cars, when the doors autolock and the driver then opens his door they all unlock and then autolock as you drive off again.

I will say the handbrake is annoying. I've had a golf that auto engaged each time you came to a stop and took the car out of gear
I am sure that the Volvo doors can be set to do that also?

I am unusual, I like the EPB and where it is placed, I find it very natural and did when I first got an XC60
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 22:10   #7
juetron

My doors can be set to behave as described too.

The heating should be able to be set to Mono control. But if it can, I've not found it yet.

The electronic parking brake for me is completely natural. I was worried about it having read various complaints. One thing I thought is that it is out of the way.....so it cannot be knocked by accident. And I think that is also why you have to pull to releaset - because the pull action will never happen by accident.