Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DPF full c30 1.6D.....aarrghh

Views : 461

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2023, 10:10   #1
moorlander

Default DPF full c30 1.6D.....aarrghh

So the latest conundrum, is a full dpf dtc, I don't have Vida, and my Autel won't allow a regen, because of the fault code in the ECU. I understand that if you have the software to tell the ECU that it has had a NEW dpf that you can then clear the code, and force a regen. However, Autel doesn't give me the " new dpf" option.
Does anyone in the locality of Stoke have Vida? Happy to pay. Or can anyone think of another workaround?
Cheers folks. Ft
moorlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 10:13   #2
iainmd

If it's blocked to the point it won't regenerate just telling it you have a new DPF won't fix it. It'll detect it's too blocked again and you're back to square one. Sounds like it's new/cleaned DPF time.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 10:25   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
So the latest conundrum, is a full dpf dtc, I don't have Vida, and my Autel won't allow a regen, because of the fault code in the ECU. I understand that if you have the software to tell the ECU that it has had a NEW dpf that you can then clear the code, and force a regen. However, Autel doesn't give me the " new dpf" option.
Does anyone in the locality of Stoke have Vida? Happy to pay. Or can anyone think of another workaround?
Cheers folks. Ft
are you aware that the DPF has to be changed every 75000 miles on a 1.6D ?
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 11:59   #4
moorlander

I was, but I understand that if you can clear the dtc temporarily, you can then force a regen, and clear out the dpf by pumping dpf cleaner directly into the dpf.

But even if that does not work, and I fit a new dpf would I still have to tell the ECU it has a new dpf to get it out of limp mode, in which case Would I still need Vida.

Finally, I would need to cost a new dpf. Any recommendations?
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 12:28   #5
Lancee
Premier Member

Are you aware that the DPF has to be changed every 75000 miles on a 1.6D ?

What mileage is your car, and has it ever had the DPF replaced ?
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 12:39   #6
Dancake
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancee View Post
Are you aware that the DPF has to be changed every 75000 miles on a 1.6D ?

What mileage is your car, and has it ever had the DPF replaced ?
I wonder what the official reason is for this. They are one of the easier DPFs to clean as far as DPF cleaning goes. Just done another one yesterday. Original DPF on 150,000 miles. There were a lot more hard carbon deposits inside compared to a lower mileage DPF, but they were still able to be cleaned out without much hassle.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 13:46   #7
moorlander

Hi if you could give some direction on how to go about it id really appreciate it , or even a workaround.
Cheers.
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 13:52   #8
moorlander

Hi if you could give some direction on how to go about it id really appreciate it , or even a workaround.
Cheers.
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 22:41   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
I wonder what the official reason is for this. They are one of the easier DPFs to clean as far as DPF cleaning goes. Just done another one yesterday. Original DPF on 150,000 miles. There were a lot more hard carbon deposits inside compared to a lower mileage DPF, but they were still able to be cleaned out without much hassle.
The active chemicals have had it by 75000 miles it is a service item its a ford/citroen/peugeot engine so they don't use the everlasting ones like volvo do, however after 2010 Volvo did put an everlasting one on.
You may not have the original DPF on there, maybe someone put a poor quality one on, or the additive tank had not been topped up on the service. It is usually neglect which caused trouble with this 1.6D engine.