Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking to buy - V70R

Views : 2241

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2024, 11:22   #11
Mashoo

Smile

Just had a look on auto trader and someone right near me in Blackpool is selling a V70R Flash green JDM with loads done to it. Seems to have spent a good penny already. If you do an auto trader search round Blackpool you will find it. It’s a 53 plate.

Also if you really want a full run down on what mine has had replaced with costs I’m happy to have a phone chat.

Hope this helps
Mashoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2024, 19:39   #12
theot88

Thanks for this, very much appreciated! I think I'm looking for an 05 onwards to be honest. The research I have done all seems to suggest that they are a much more sorted vehicle in terms of driveability and function. An 06 would be nice for the 6 speed gbx but I think they're out of my budget.

I may take you up on your kind offer however unless it's easier for you to simply type a few bullets in a PM? Whichever is easiest.

Cheers
Tom
theot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 20:16   #13
timmotaay

Hi Matthew

What are the main jobs would you say for a manual V70R ?

- Timing belt
- Service histtory for engine and haldex
- PCV

Are there any others you would look out for?

Thanks
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 20:09   #14
theot88

Hello.
Thanks to all who posted for your time and advice. I have looked at a few and now purchased what seems to be a fundamentally decent 2005 (registered on an 06 plate) silver with biscuit coloured interior. There's plenty of work to be done to get it where I want it but I've factored that in to the decision and purchase. First on the list is to get the language changed then for a major service including AWD system and gearbox.

I dare say you'll see me on the forums in the not too distant future picking people's brains for advice.

Cheers
Tom
theot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 11:19   #15
Mashoo

Smile

Excellent news! Many parts are still available from Volvo and eBay is a good source also. Just don’t get discouraged when the bills start coming in. Unfortunately one of the biggest mistakes people make with Rs is oh it’s a tank it will run and run on minimum services. Incorrect. But you have the right attitude mate so please come back with updates and pictures please.

Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mashoo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 11:26   #16
Mashoo

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmotaay View Post
Hi Matthew

What are the main jobs would you say for a manual V70R ?

- Timing belt
- Service histtory for engine and haldex
- PCV

Are there any others you would look out for?

Thanks
Hello. Rare to find a UK manual V70R P2 same as the auto really with jobs to be done. But the pre facelift cars have a more ruff gear selection. Apparently it’s something to do with forks not being aligned?

The manual is a different car. A reason why people go to great expense to convert to a space ball. Unless it’s Been enthusiast owned the Haldex and PCV will have been ignored. (Probably)
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 21:10   #17
jared97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooper View Post
Hi Tom,
I have a 2007 - Sonic / Atacama V70R that i may sell in the Spring. The car is lovely but i just dont use it as much as i should to justify the storage costs and Insurance etc.
If i do i will certainly put it on here first
Cheers
Neil
I’m looking for this exact colour combo so I’d love to have the details if you want to sell
jared97 is offline   Reply With Quote