Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Installing folding mirrors

Views : 2619

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 14:02   #1
AlphaScorpii

Default Installing folding mirrors

I have C30 2012. without electrical folding mirrors. I would like to install that. What is the best option?

I see 2 options:

1.If I find 2 used folding mirrors and connect them to a car, do a software update, is that enough? Or would I need to have some special socket or unit in the doors? Could I use S40 V50 C70 mirrors aswell? Can it be older prefacelift?

2. Installing kit/motor/etc..
I googled and saw some tasca parts where people were buying kit to add folding mirror but that doesn't exsist anymore.
Is there maybe some other website?

I see on aliexpress some side mirror motors.. not sure if that would be ok.

Thank you!
AlphaScorpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 20:09   #2
AlphaScorpii

Default ...

I've done a lot of googling and didn't find anyone who actually activated folding mirrors on C30. Talked with 2 volvo dealerships and they have no idea.. one checked software depending on my chassis but didn't find anything about the mirrors.

What I think might work is buying 2 foldable mirrors + CFE ultra.
When I went on CFE ultra's features, it shows:

So if I understood, it should work with just foldable mirrors.. this module where you press L+R to fold the mirrors is not needed. Not sure about cables.. in some threads are some harness cables mentioned but not here.. it says just foldable mirrors. I contacted swedesolutions but no respond.
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 11:21   #3
iainmd

If you do decide to go for it, do let us know how you get on. I'm following with interest.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 15:10   #4
AlphaScorpii

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmd View Post
If you do decide to go for it, do let us know how you get on. I'm following with interest.
Sure. I just hope Swedesolutions would answer to give me greenlight . Also, I need to try lower the price for these used lights. What I talked with seller, he is telling me that it needs to be exactly facelift model lights.. allegedly pins are not the same on prefacelift and facelift
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 12:46   #5
Lancee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmd View Post
Any update ?
Lancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 19:42   #6
AlphaScorpii

I bought used left mirror for facelift and right folding mirror "bones". Also bought driver's door module that supports folding mirrors by pressing L+R. Atm doing some other stuff with car but expect to fit mirrors in ~2 weeks. Will update once it's done.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaScorpii For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 18:08   #7
AlphaScorpii

Default ...

An update..

I've changed the mirrors and driver's door module (DDM).

Good news is that all the previous DDM functions work (windows going up and down, mirror moving..) but power fold when pressing L+R doesn't work nor does puddle lights when pressing light button on the key. I've taken picture of the wiring adapter in the doors and it has 12 pins although defult mirror had 8 pins (new one power folding has 10). I guess that means that wiring is the same for all the models. At least door wiring. Not sure could there be some other wiring that is different?

Not sure what is the next step.. should I go to the dealer and try "DDM upgrade" (30669922)? I don't want to waste money "gambling" on different software updates . I am not sure could the dealer see right away what do I need when they connect car to the computer.. I don't think anyone ever changed mirrors from nonfolding to folding in my city.

I guess doing it without a dealer is not possible?

Old Oct 14th, 2022, 23:00   #8
ele288

You can activate mirrors with vdash if you know the PIN from your CEM. Updating won't do anything, first the car config has to be changed. But I don't think dealer can do since the software for such thing is not listed in vida.
ele288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 15:51   #9
AlphaScorpii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele288 View Post
You can activate mirrors with vdash if you know the PIN from your CEM. Updating won't do anything, first the car config has to be changed. But I don't think dealer can do since the software for such thing is not listed in vida.
I've just read the same thing on my local forum.. they told me that dealer is not permited to to anything about that software but that I need to get my CEM flash and change configuration.
Old Oct 16th, 2022, 16:42   #10
iainmd

So did you decide against trying the swedesolutions software and dongle?

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote