Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

120 Amazon 50th Anniversary Events

Views : 4981

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2007, 18:34   #1
andy rowlands
VOC Member

Smile 120 Amazon 50th Anniversary Events

I have arranged 2 events this year, the first is at Milestones Museum of transport in Basingstoke on the 6th of May. It 50 years since the Amazon went on sale and I am hoping to get as many Amazons as possible together.

I am arrangeing a cavalcade through Basingstoke on the Sunday morning, Steve Woodward has offered to bring the Hampshire Police 222s Ruddspeed to lead us through Basingstoke, I have not decided on a meeting point, but have 2 choices and will post the address here soon.

Allthough this is a VOC event and as for all of the events this year I want to attract as many cars as possible and would welcome any Amazon owner to join us. But non members will have to pay their own entry to the museums if they want to go in!

You also know that Volvo are holding a Marque day at The Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon near Coventry on 2nd September, I am again wanting to get as many Amazons there, with a challenge to get 50 cars to meet at the south bound Warwick Services to make a cavalcade to drive to the museum. This event is organised by Volvo Car UK Ltd, but I am organising the cavalcade! If I have enough response I am aiming to arrange that all the Amazons will park together.

Finally I have arranged another event in the North at the National Coal Mine Musem, Nr. Wakefield, on 30th of September, again this is a VOC event but I extend the invitation to any Amazon owner to attend in this special year.

Sorry to bang the drum a bit but I am totally crazy about the cars so get a bit excited about a lot of them together, my cars are all working examples ( I have 17!) and at best tidy so please don't think it's a concours get together.

all the best

Andy
120 Register Keeper
andy rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 19:33   #2
Brian M

Andy

Put me down for both the Basingstoke event and the Gaydon convoy.

As we discussed at Ally Pally, the Amazons must be parked together at Gaydon unlike the last time. As it is our 50th we should be parked at the front as well!!

Brian M
1970 Volvo Amazon and 1978 Safari 14/2
Brian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 23:09   #3
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Andy, the Gaydon meet sounds great. Put me down provisionally for that one. Jon Burgess, Manchester, 121. I have to pass the MOT first though (d'oh).

However my Amazon is not what you'd call mint. I'd be happy to drive in a convoy so long as the nicer looking cars weren't paired with my tape n' rust special (possibly with torq thrusts by then).
Is the HMM still open?

I can find Gaydon okay (it's about a two hour drive from me), but pray please tell an ignorant Northener where Basingstoke is. I live in the South Manchester (Chorlton - woo?)

Can just hear Alan Partridge 'Plan for meet at the Dog and Duck in Basingstoke. Must not repeat, must not turn into an all night rave.....'
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 00:10   #4
222s
Amazoniste

I hope to be around on 6th May - not sure yet about Gaydon though

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 05:57   #5
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Thumbs up

You can put me down for the Gaydon cavalcade and the Wakefield one.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 14:58   #6
andy rowlands
VOC Member

Default 120 Meets

Hi! thanks for your messages,

Basingstoke is in the South of England, in fact South of Reading, in between the M4 and M3, it would a long way from Manchester!

I too will have a problem with the MOT as all of my cars are in need of welding to get them there, the first one will be my B16 122S running on LPG and then if I value my life I will have to fit new inner wings front wings and panel and rear wheel arches to Clare's estate, the candles is definitely going to be burnt at both ends!

Andy
andy rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 18:58   #7
archieboy69

You can put me down for the Gaydon one, i will try and make the Basingstoke one but its the day after i get back from holiday so not a deffo.
archieboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 20:17   #8
grantbennett2

I should be able to attend the Basingstoke meet.
grantbennett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 22:02   #9
jamie
amazon1954

Default green banger

Hi Andy
Lets see if this year I can get mine back on the road and get up to Basingstoke otherwise it will have to be Gaydon. I bought a 140 gearbox and j type o/d and now need to match it to the prop. I may have to ask you a few questions if I get stuck. All the very best to you and Clare
Jamie
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 10:31   #10
austingipsy

Are there any events planned up in Scotland? It's not that I'm too mean to pay for petrol honest ! It's been ages since i ventured so far afield in the amazon and I'd hate to be the one that turned up in coventry suspended from a tow truck.
austingipsy is offline   Reply With Quote