Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

my 46000 mile 940 lpt saloon...

Views : 5936

Replies : 71

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:06   #21
biggbn
I've Been Banned

biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:10   #22
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:20   #23
Supraweld
Supraweld

Amazing condition! I am really impressed. I dont suppose it has a locking diff does it? NOT that I would be using it for drifting, please dont get the wrong idea. I owned a 740 years ago with a locking diff and moving around in the winter was so much easier. If I were to buy this car it would be my daily, so I am thinking about the commute..
Supraweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:27   #24
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Ok, please note. Those pictures were taken today, an hour ago. The car was not hoovered or polished because I use it. The car has Volvo plastic tray mats fitted and they need a clean because I don't drive in my slippers. I DO drive in my bare feet on long journeys but that's another story for another day!

Seats are unmarked, carpets unmarked, headlining excellent, all door cards excellent. There is one slight wrinkling on drivers door card at top near window vent. No cracks or tears or unseemly marks on dash or instruments. Car is a joy to travel in.

I took pics under bonnet so you could see how solid and preserved this is. Again, not steam cleaned, not polished....that's what it looks like. Ditto wheels and arches. Taken four close up pics so you can see car condition. The rest of pics were taken to show overall condition of paintwork and bumpers. This car is almost twenty years old and has now covered 46k miles. It is not a museum piece, it is used every day and has taken me 10k trouble free miles in 4 months. I believe this is simply the best used car you can buy for £1500. You will not find a better car!

I am having car serviced including brakes next week as it is due a service. This will be done with genuine Volvo parts and book will be stamped. 46k miles service. I am happy to put another years mot on the car also if this puts any potential buyers minds at rest. It will need nothing.

So...my personal situation. Thankfully, my sight is returning after my retinal detachment , so good news there. My perspective however is skewed and going on my experience from this operation before it will take months if not years to 'settle'. I am likely to be declared fit for driving, however I do not wish to drive for my job anymore as I feel like a potential liability. Depth perception is kinda important behind the wheel! So, sadly, the car must go. I will travel to Aberdeen and Edinburgh by train when I need to, join the daily drudge rather than travel in austere Swedish elegance. Gutted.

So, no more sob stories. I would drive this car anywhere and am happy for anyone to view it, even on behalf of another member. Distance can be a problem I understand. However, this car will travel anywhere. Please refer to my previous ad. for anymore details I may have left out. Also, if you use the search facility you will see I have written fairly extensively about this amazing old cars abilities. This car is original throughout, not been messed with under the bonnet (not that I have anything against this, I did consider it briefly myself), I doubt there are many left around like this. And, to head off any questions of value. Yes, I know you can buy 940/960 saloons for a few hundred quid. Not one like this you won't. A one off.

Message me or call 07739 669467
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:29   #25
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraweld View Post
Amazing condition! I am really impressed. I dont suppose it has a locking diff does it? NOT that I would be using it for drifting, please dont get the wrong idea. I owned a 740 years ago with a locking diff and moving around in the winter was so much easier. If I were to buy this car it would be my daily, so I am thinking about the commute..
No locking diff, I know this was an option but hey, it's a Volvo. Drive it sensibly and it will go anywhere. My dad highly recommends winter tyres although I have never been stuck in 30 years of driving. Thanks for your kind comments. Peace, gbn x
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 17:34   #26
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Another. Car doubles as my library!!!

Sorry about dust!!

Last edited by biggbn; Oct 19th, 2016 at 17:42.
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 10:24   #27
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Another point about this car. It is reputed to be the last 940 saloon sold in Scotland, maybe Britain. Previous owner Bob discussed this with supplying dealer strathmore.
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 13:06   #28
Rubic cube

Default 940 sale

Pitty that car weren't near me I would buy it I had one sometime ago Dundee quite a treck from Merthyr
Rubic cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 13:30   #29
Rubic cube

Default 940 sale

Pitty that car weren't near me I would buy it I had one sometime ago Dundee quite a treck from Merthyr
Rubic cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 15:13   #30
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Worth the trip, and think of the drive home! Would really like my car to go to an enthusiast home.

Peace, gbn X