Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36473

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 17:16   #31
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyTim View Post
Very unprofessional of them to treat you like that Mike, still it sounds like its only one prat ruining the repuation of the dealership. Do they know theyre being mentioned on the VOC website?

All experiences ive had with dealers have been good except one. Stratstones on the Bristol road, Birmingham (now gone) ordered a cam belt tensioner and got spoken to in a very patronising manner by the parts man. Nothing he said was offensive, but he made me feel like I wasnt in on a joke of some sort. Git.

Went to the Shrewsbury dealership to buy a £200 part exchange smoker 940 estate and was treated by the sales staff like I was buying a new car, tea and biscuits and a nice chat. We were told to come back for more tea and biccies and a chin wag about Volvos whenever we wanted, although if had gone back every day since im not sure how long the invitation would have been lasted for.

The Stoke dealership were also super helpful and friendly when I bought a set of pads and a battery from them a few months ago. Rolled up in my "just one more MOT" Oxford in oily work clothes. I did feel a bit paranoid, all these suits about and me dressed like Harold Steptoe. Didnt make any difference at all. Great guys.
Now at rocky lane Aston...where i been having grief with parts and service......
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 17:34   #32
Wind-Dreams
The Welsh Mafia (TAFIA)

so it sounds like the stratstone group are a nightmare nationally.

Although the gentleman i spoke to at the parts desk in the cardiff branch a few months back when buying some wheel centres seemed really helpful and actually did have a pop at the staff at the newport branch about there service.

Next Year A S40 T4 I fancy.
Wind-Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 17:37   #33
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

Default madness!

read these posts have to say im shocked!!!,it woulde seem to me its as well your paiecent men!!! complete madness :banane36:
martybelfastt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 17:42   #34
S60-MBS
VOC Member

One particular chat i had with a Stratstones employee ..mentioned that stratstones are aware of their customer relations issues and therefore are undergoing training to make sure no problems occur..this was well over 12 months ago still no evidence to suggest any service has got better..i filled a consumer report for Volvo and i gave Stratstones 0 marks for each catagory..since then i havent ever recieved calls from them telling me my cars due a service or MOT etc..as i understand it Stratstones management tend not to pursue complaints from customers..this came from one of their employees..

EDIT: I know for a fact that there is a Stratstones representative reading this right now..as one asked me if he could use me as a reference..shame i dont know his username

Last edited by S60-MBS; Mar 27th, 2007 at 17:45. Reason: additional info
S60-MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 18:19   #35
Viper_7
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bzy View Post
I have however been banned from Toys are us,but thats another story.
It wasn't you was it, that I was racing when I was 20ish, from one end of the shop to the other zig zagging up and down the isles on a bright orange space hopper!
Mods:
Volvo Tax disc holder - increases power output by 5%
Child Seat
Rear and side Volvo fitted blinds.
Tree Sap from May - July.
Removed at least 46 cup holders for weight reduction.
Viper_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 18:37   #36
jetronic63

It seems like we've all suffered at the hands of arrogant dealers. In my experience, the more 'prestige' marques seem much better. BMW and Porsche dealers seem to understand the concept of customer service better than most - mind you, they could probably all learn a few lessons from Lexus dealers.

I certainly get a different reaction from a dealer if I rock up in my Boxster compared to my 240.

Someone should setup a feedback system for dealerships - like they have on Ebay or Tripadvisor.

I few negative feedbacks might puncture the inflated egos of arrogant dealers !

Steve
jetronic63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 18:51   #37
radiomark

If you go to Mikes local volvo dealers website,there is a contact us page.
perhaps everyone who has posted about this, should email a polite message stateing their views on how mike has been treated.
radiomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 19:21   #38
m0bzy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60-MBS View Post
Now at rocky lane Aston...where i been having grief with parts and service......

Now I have never had any trouble either @ Rocky Lane or when they were at Bristol St,took a grandaughter with me to Aston and one of the suits came over and asked her if she would like to see the cars,then plonked her into a top of the range C70 drophead,salesmen have given up on me since I took one to look at my 850 and asked him if he would ditch it for any of the boring stuff on display!
m0bzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 20:07   #39
paul3346

I am not really having a swipe at my local Volvo dealer. I won't say where it is but the town was this year voted the best market town in England. (How I do not know!!) The service I have had has been polite and prompt. However, I went in on a Saturday morning recently to purchase an auxilliary belt. I was informed by the gentleman that the parts dept was closed and he could not access the computer. Now, I know that everyone deserves time off, but, I would have thought that a fair number of sales are made on a Saturday morning by the general working man. Or perhaps this shows that the Volvo personnel believe that the working man is an extinct species and only wish to deal with the booted and suited purchasing a spanking new motor!
paul3346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 20:25   #40
minesa240x3
loyalty

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomark View Post
If you go to Mikes local volvo dealers website,there is a contact us page.
perhaps everyone who has posted about this, should email a polite message stateing their views on how mike has been treated.
I like your idea very much radiomark,perhaps mike can let us know whether or not this is the time for such a protest!He may be waiting to see if the plonker gets the sack,My "polite responce" is in mind already but I dont want to make things worse for mike until he's sure theres no turning back.
The look on thier faces after recieving a large amount of inmail from a large amount of volvo enthusiasts who can vote with thier pockets!!!!!
Just can't wait.
Forgot to add"This is tantermount to treason"Maybe we should hang somebody?or maybe hold a massive get together on one of thier busy days and jam up thier forecourt(old cars only of course).

Last edited by minesa240x3; Mar 27th, 2007 at 21:04. Reason: Forgot to mention that mike is regarded as the man who helps every body regardless of thier place in society.The King!
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote