Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Not a Volvo, but at least it's Swedish ;)

Views : 871

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:04   #1
John_C
Allons-y!

Default Not a Volvo, but at least it's Swedish ;)

I've had a bit of good luck and picked up this car from a friend at work as he is allergic to "hassle" and couldn't be bothered to sell it privately. Hassle is fine with me if it results in a few £20 notes I didn't have before so I bought it off him to sell on.

The car is a 2000 (W reg) Saab 9-3 2.0t SE manual in metallic green. The 2.0t is the 150bhp light pressure turbo engine which is widely regarded as the best balance of power and economy in the range.

Milage is 102k, full Saab main dealer service history, Tax 1st Jan 2011, MoT 25th July 2010. The car has only had two previous owners, the first had it for three years and the gent I bought it from had it for seven years.

Condition wise the car is great for the age, the bodywork is straight, a couple of little scuffs and marks plus some stone chips to the bonnet but absolutely nothing major. The interior has no rips or tears, again there are some scuffs and marks but nothing you wouldn't expect at the age and milage.

It has driver, passenger and side airbags, ABS, remote central locking, climate control (blows cold as it should), alarm and immobiliser, CD player, alloys.

Bad bits:
The computer display (SID) has a lot of pixels missing and is pretty much unreadable as a result, this is a very common fault in Saabs. It is a £60 fix from somewhere like BBA Reman or there are various DIY fixes available. It's purely a cosmetic problem.

The rear tyres are both down to 2mm so they will need doing soon, they are 195/60 R15's so not expensive.

Other than that I really can't fault it, it drives very well, is extremely comfortable, the engine feels strong and smooth with no flat spots, clutch has no slip or judder, having run around in it now for a couple of days I have to say that if I didn't already have the Alpina I'd keep it!

Also worth mentioning is that the service history is a stamped book, no invoices. As it's all Saab main dealer I phoned the dealer who did the last service, they looked the car up on the computer and confirmed the history was kosher. They also said that the last service was a major service and the car had new brakes all round and a brake fluid change too.

All I'm looking to do is move the car on and make a small profit so I'm not after a lot for it.

£900 takes the car, no offers please as that's already the cheapest 9-3 2.0t SE on the market at this age and milage by some margin.

Pics to follow, drop me a PM if you're interested.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 19:18   #2
John_C
Allons-y!

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 19:30   #3
pete-d
pete-d

I can vouch for the comfort of these Saabs and ease of driving.

My father has the high pressure turbo version (185BHP) which I've driven to France and back several times. Great motorway cruisers.

Should be a good buy if you don't mind FWD.

Pete

C30 T5 SE Lux 2007
S80 2.5T SE Lux 2009
S60 D4 R Design 2013
pete-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 17:55   #4
John_C
Allons-y!

Thanks Pete, I have to agree with you about the comfort, I've been driving it all week and it is just a great cruiser.

Had another word with the bloke I bought it off and he says it's also had a new exhaust section and some bushes replaced at the last service but couldn't remember any more (he's not a car person ).

eBay is going to get it at the weekend so as of now I'm open to offers.

Cheers,
John
Old May 2nd, 2010, 18:34   #5
John_C
Allons-y!

Well she's on eBay as of 7:30 tonight, bid from a quid, no reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320526139362

Cheers,
John
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:00   #6
John_C
Allons-y!

Just a little bump..... Auction finishes 7:30 tonight, it is only up to £460 so far so it looks like someone is going to bag a seriously cheap motor!