Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling V60 T6 Polestar Owners

Views : 26622

Replies : 111

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 17th, 2015, 15:36   #41
chopper602

Hi,

I took delivery of my Polestar at the end of June 2015. It was 'almost' new (200 miles on it) and unregistered. I *love* it and it's also my first Volvo, coming to this from a Toyota GT86 (which the kids were starting to have difficulty getting into).
Managed to get a BIG chunk of money off the list price, as I think this was cluttering up the dealers showroom !

Will post a couple of pics when I am able
2012 TEC Motorhome 1985 Citroen 2CV6
chopper602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2015, 17:28   #42
chopper602

Photos as promised :

The Fleet

Just after I bought it

On Trac Mon - Anglesey - 20 mins track time for £15, couldn't resist, although it was very very wet (prior to the 2CV 24 hour race in August)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chopper602 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2015, 18:50   #43
MCV60
Master Member

Nice fleet! How does the Polestar compare with the Jag?
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2015, 21:52   #44
chopper602

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
Nice fleet! How does the Polestar compare with the Jag?
It's certainly a lot quicker! Ride is very similar as the Jag is an R-Sport version. The, eight speed, auto box in the Jag is very smooth, seats comfy and of course it gets better mpg than the Polestar!

I didn't really need another estate, but after the GT86 went I drove a lot of cars and wasn't impressed either with the dealers or the cars. I had a test drive of the Polestar and was blown away, I got a VERY good deal so went for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to chopper602 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2015, 09:50   #45
EWAC
too long to remember

Do you guys notice an excessive amount of tire noise? mainly above 60mph, its sounds like a boom or howl...all most like someone is blowing into a bottle. On some road surfaces i have to turn the radio up to 3/4 to hide it

I ave also noticed it at lower speeds but not as bad

be interested to hear about your experiences

btw- still has the original Michelin Super Sports

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2015, 20:52   #46
MisterTad

I've noticed it at certain speeds on certain surfaces - I think it's more to do with resonance than tyre noise itself, as adjusting the speeds upwards to downwards seems to make it go away.

I've completely neglected the hifi in favour of the car's own soundtrack so far, I just can't get enough of it. It's also meant that I've averaged 16mpg, but these things happen.
MisterTad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterTad For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2015, 15:53   #47
Stuart Matheson

Default Polestar

Hi again. I arrived back from Hong Kong last Saturday and my White Polestar was sitting in my garage as my brother-in-law had collected it from the Volvo dealer in Ayr three weeks ago. This is my first Volvo. As I mentioned previously, I used to be an Audi man. My last car was an A8 3.0 TDI Sport which I loved. Prior to that I had an A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. An E Class estate - E270 Diesel (not a patch on the A6), and an A6 Allroad 2.7T. I normally do a personal lease as it's great to have a new car every two years. Anyway, I e-mailed the Volvo dealer to say I was interested in the 15 (March) registered Polestar with 157 miles on the clock that I had seen on Autotrader. The PCP figures seemed high so I decided to pay cash as I managed to get a further discount on top of the already huge discount from list. This had the added bonus of making the Polestar easier to justify at home. I had been waiting three (very long) weeks to come back to Edinburgh and see the car. Yes, I did buy without having a test drive. However, there are so many reviews on YouTube and magazine tests that I knew the car was for me. It's not the usual Audi or BMW. My partner thought the car may be too small in comparison to what we were used to as we like to tour on the continent. So, we dropped by Volvo Hong Kong as they had a V60 in the showroom. Having seen a V60 in the flesh, we were confident that we could get two large suitcases in the boot and we could get a rack for the road bikes. To be honest, I had a already made up my mind so the visit to Volvo HK was academic! The long and short of it is that I have fallen in love with the Polestar. I love the way it looks and the rarity value. I also love the fact that it is loaded with everything you could possibly want as standard - just like my previous A8. Coming from 27 degrees in HK last Friday to Zero here in Scotland means that the heated steering wheel and seats have not been off - what a luxury. The interior is superb - stunning buttery soft 'Bridge of Weir' Leather and Alcantara not to mention the fact that the comfort level of these seats is perhaps the best of any car - or so the reviewers seem to indicate. My sisters' loved the heated rear seats last weekend. I have driven to Glasgow three times on the motorway in the last week (100 miles return) and cannot believe how amazing the adaptive cruise is. The handling is superb. I was (unduly) concerned about the firm ride (but i'm a road cyclist so anything is cushioned in comparison - especially on our shocking British roads). Many on the forum seem worried about the costs of running this car. All I can say in its defense is that my comprehensive Insurance through Aviva is £355!!! My A8 TDI was £1200 P/A. I can only think that this is because of all the safety tech. This is the fastest car I have ever driven and it's performance is more than I will ever really need. I did find the steering extremely heavy to begin with so switched it to the lightest setting which suits me perfectly. The car is completely planted on the road with the awd and the traction and grip are amazing. I have had the standard V60 mud-flaps fitted by the dealer. The chap had to cut the rear ones to fit because of the rear valance. They are subtle and don't in any way spoil the looks and of course will protect the body a bit from the odd stone-chip. My brother-in-law also Guardx'd the paintwork for me. If anyone is thinking about a Polestar (yes there are a few left which you can see on Autotrader), I cannot recommend it highly enough. What a car!!! I even washed it myself yesterday - as you can see from the attached photos. The sadness now is that I am off to Hong Kong again in 10 days and won't be back until March. Agrhhhhhhhhh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151128_113802_resized.jpg (253.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_113805_resized.jpg (249.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_113814_resized.jpg (192.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_113818_resized.jpg (202.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_113829_resized.jpg (187.4 KB, 44 views)
Stuart Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stuart Matheson For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2015, 15:23   #48
Stuart Matheson

Default Polestar

Hey. I realise the photos of my white Polestar yesterday aren't the best. I found these photos of an identical Polestar in Japan. I am heading north to Inverness-shire on Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how the car behaves on the snowy roads without winter tyres. Oh, and I don't seem to have any of the noise that EWAC has mentioned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volvo_v60_polestar_001.jpg (154.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg volvo_v60_polestar_003.jpg (154.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg volvo_v60_polestar_005.jpg (157.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg volvo_v60_polestar_010.jpg (149.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg volvo_v60_polestar_042.jpg (126.9 KB, 24 views)
Stuart Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2015, 15:34   #49
EWAC
too long to remember

Let us me know how you get on with those snowy roads!
Im heading up your neck of woods in February and are thinking of putting winter tyres on.

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EWAC For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2015, 15:42   #50
Turnwood

Absolutely love the Polestar wheels - jealous!

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turnwood For This Useful Post: