Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hankook tyres

Views : 1794

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 23:06   #11
skynet2029
850 Addict!

Im on my 3rd set of eagle F1's GSD3's this year my first lot encountered and road full of nails and all had to be replaced due to the nails hitting the sidewall, cost £400, got my new set and they where too big for my 850 so sold them to get 215/35/18 profile and then got rid of my car and got the C70and needed the bigger 225/40/18 tyres ahem! another £400.

On the day I got married I got another flat tyre which was plugged up

Grippy and look great. Great wear, but unlucky for me I guess.
skynet2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 21:36   #12
chadders1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamedic View Post
It's time to get rid of my P6000. About time as they are pants.

I'm looking at getting some Hankook ventus prime K105 xl ones. Just wondering if anyone had used these and what there thoughts were.

I found somewhere that sells the toyo t1-r for not much more. 9dont want to spend more then £60 a tyre as just paid the car tax ( and got to get 2 new front shocks)

I'm just after a tyre that handles well in all weather conditions and that the tread wear is good. I'm thinking the tread wear is alot better in the hankooks then the toyo's, and the hankooks grip pretty well in all conditions fromt he reviews i've read.
HI
I'm sure that working for the NHS you qualify for membership at Cost Co they only fit Michelin but they are a lot cheaper than anywhere else. They are also good tyres. DOH just read your other post woth knowing anyway with christmas coming up

Last edited by chadders1033; Nov 8th, 2007 at 21:39.
chadders1033 is offline   Reply With Quote