Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Maroon Brown with Dark Birch Flame

Views : 3310

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 8th, 2017, 20:07   #1
Bicax

Default Maroon Brown with Dark Birch Flame

Hi guys,

I've seen quite a lot of nice pictures of the Maroon Brown leather with the Walnut trim, but so far I haven't really seen any pictures that would properly show the Maroon Brown/Dark Birch combo (by that I mean with sufficient light or a high enough definition).

It's been impossible for me to find a car with this setup at the dealer's.

Would anyone happen to have some pictures, or would anyone with this setup be able to take some?

I'm relatively confident that this is the colour scheme I prefer since I find the Walnut (which I like a lot, btw) too light to go well with the brown, but I want to be sure.
Bicax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 22:41   #2
JAmaral
XC90 MY18 - PGray/MBrown

Hi

I'm getting mine with the linear walnut this week. I've been to the dealer on Friday to check that the car arrived as ordered and I can only say that the linear walnut looks much better alive with the maroon brown than in any of the pictures I've seen. Same for the pine gray. A totally different thing alive...

I know that you are looking for the dark birch and I am sorry that I can't help with that but the linear walnut with maroon brown looks really good.

I am trying to post some photos but I am getting an error. I'll try again tomorrow!

P.S: the black roofline goes very well with the maroon brown. The car looks darker inside but with the black carpet on the floor I can't imagine how it would look like if the roofline is the standard grayish colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5502.jpg (204.4 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by JAmaral; Jul 9th, 2017 at 22:51. Reason: Adding a few more comments
JAmaral is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAmaral For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 15:29   #3
Bicax

Thanks! But you have actually made my choice harder, since the colour combo in your picture looks extremely nice :-) I really like the Walnut in that picture...

I'm going back to the dealer this week to check the samples again. Just a shame they don't have any maroon sample yet. I have a hard time imagining colours.
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 17:01   #4
gaby
Premier Member

I have no opinion on the brown leather as such, but I would like it more if the back of the seats
would have the same color as is the case with the charcoal leather.
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 17:45   #5
JAmaral
XC90 MY18 - PGray/MBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicax View Post
Thanks! But you have actually made my choice harder, since the colour combo in your picture looks extremely nice :-) I really like the Walnut in that picture...

I'm going back to the dealer this week to check the samples again. Just a shame they don't have any maroon sample yet. I have a hard time imagining colours.
Well, if you are based in Lisbon, you can see my car at the dealer (Ascendum). It will be there until wednesday.

Here are the rest of the pics to make your choice even more difficult! ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (132.1 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg image2.JPG (85.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg image3.JPG (148.7 KB, 163 views)
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 21:08   #6
Bicax

Thanks again! Unfortunately I'm in Spain until the 17th.

But once I get to Lisbon I'll check the dealers there to see if they have other cars like yours. In Spain they seem to be delivering end of July, and I'm guesssing it's the same in Portugal then.
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 22:11   #7
JAmaral
XC90 MY18 - PGray/MBrown

The ones that came along with my car were all blacks and blues. No other pine gray and the interior was either black or blond. I'll ask my dealer tomorrow if they are getting anything like mine and I'll let you know. I had the same problem you're having and couldn't find a dealer with the colour scheme I ordered. In fact I ordered mine without seeing any of the colours in person. The samples give you an idea but it's still far from reality. I am very happy now but I think it was very risky, considering that I plan to keep this one for at least 8 years...

Back to the topic: I found the dark birch a bit too shiny for my taste but I understand that it adds other refinement. For me the linear walnut was never an issue. It was probably the only thing I was sure about. I did hesitate between the pine gray the blue denim and the osmium but the sample cleared the doubts away. The maroon brown was risky but I am very pleased with the choice now.

Good luck!
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 10:21   #8
NandM

I really do like the wood inlays with the maroon - it's a shame they were not available with the Momentum spec.
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 11:20   #9
canis
Non Fragile

Is it actually real wood?
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 11:41   #10
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis View Post
Is it actually real wood?