Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dash removal - How?

Views : 2602

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 14:39   #1
harryd

Default Dash removal - How?

Can anyone offer a guide as to how to loosen or remove the floating centre console on a 2008 V70 manual? I need to run a cable or two from below the drivers seat to the area around the stereo / information screen.
I also need access to the wiring at the cig lighter sockets (one at least) in the centre console.

So far Ive found several T25 torx screws and removed them, but nothing is budging, it gets very tight up at the CD player area.
harryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 17:08   #2
Unreal master tech

Hi Harry if you get a small Allen key about 4mm that has a 90 bend and slide it into the cd slot you then slide the small bend part to the very side it will push the panel clips out and the panel should pop out you will see two torx screws there is also two behind the centre panel and also two under the small rubbers in the centre arm rest then pop up the gear selector surround and I think there is another 4 in there just take your time and am sure you will be fine?!
Unreal master tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 13:39   #3
harryd

I've been asking folk up and down the country how to do this and then I end up getting the info from a guy just up the road!!!

Many thanks Unreal master tech, that sounds like it will solve the problem. I was told to remove the surround but not told how. Hopefully I can get this all put to bed today.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Harry
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 18:58   #4
harryd

Giving up for tonight UMT. I need to seperate the rearmost part of the centre console from the front,but there is something behind the sloping roller cover that prevents this.
If I force it, something is bound to crack. Any ideas?
If I can get this apart, I should be home and dry.

The CD surround is off though.

What Im actually looking for now is access to the 12v accessory socket's wiring in the centre console to take a connection from.

H

Last edited by harryd; Jan 23rd, 2012 at 19:32. Reason: updated.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:18   #5
harryd

Sorted.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:37   #6
Unreal master tech

Well done mate I trust you fixed it your self?! You could have travelled over and I could have done the job for you?! But better to teach your self you learn more that way?!
Unreal master tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 10:42   #7
harryd

Yeah, it was the rubber bungs on top of the torx screws that had me stumped.
Once they were prised off.....hooray!!!
Parrot system now installed.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:45   #8
hofik

I managed to remove the upper front part of the center console based on the Volvo hands-free instal manual on http://accessories.volvocars.com
Could you pls. give me a piece of advice on how to remove the part with the cigarette lighter socket?
hofik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hofik For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:35   #9
hofik

I found out myself. I removed 6 screws under the rubber bottom part of the box, pulled the whole rear part of the console to the back, released the clip attached to the box around the gearshift and that was it...
hofik is offline   Reply With Quote