Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

So you think that you are covered by 'Volvo Assistance'?

Views : 2481

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:14   #1
SouthOxon

Default So you think that you are covered by 'Volvo Assistance'?

I have just discovered that the 'Volvo Assistance' breakdown & recovery package that should have stated when I bought my car in November 2010 was never put in place. The excuse (I am not making this up) is that the car has a non-dating registration and this confused Volvo's and/or Mondial Assistance's (Volvo's contractor in these matters) computer systems.

During the time that I was (not) covered by 'Volvo Assistance' I made several trips to the continent as well as a run up to the Orkneys in this car, and it is pure luck that I did not need to call on 'Volvo Assistance'. I am not a happy bunny.

Moral; if you thing that you are covered by 'Volvo Assistance' you hasd better make sure that you are.
SouthOxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:30   #2
tommyweaves
Premier Member

How did you find this out?
tommyweaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:09   #3
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Surey they are going to honour the cover that you should have had and give you it starting from now for the full period??

Then an extra year on top for being a bunch of nuggets!??

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:41   #4
SouthOxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyweaves View Post
How did you find this out?
SouthOxon
Quote:
Hello Volvo Assistance, aka Mondial Assistance, why haven't I heard from you about about the cover that you are now supposed to provide me with under Volvo's newly-introduced 'Service Guarantee'?
[B]Volvo Assistance{/B]
Quote:
We have never heard of you.
SouthOxon
Quote:
Of course you have; you provided cover for the first year I had the car.
[B]Volvo Assistance{/B]
Quote:
No we didn't.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:44   #5
SouthOxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Surey they are going to honour the cover that you should have had and give you it starting from now for the full period??

Then an extra year on top for being a bunch of nuggets!??

'Discussions' are currently on-going.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:26   #6
krzemien

A bit different angle but the very same outcome: Year after I bought my car I have expected to receive a renewal as a matter of course. As I was considering other options at the same time and did not want to get into hassle I have given VOLVO Assistance a call prior to expiry date to check where I stand.
As the picture painted by them was definitely positive, we both reached conclusion that renewal definitely should turn up and automatically extend the cover. Which of course it has not, and when I gave them another call one saturday morning two weeks past the expiry date I was told, that this is the first time they hear about it (!).
I may only add that this has happened few months before introducing Assistance as a value added service to VOLVO Service guarante - which obviously (otr luckily?) now results in having two different policies being set up at the same time. Maybe I should give them a call and check if they don't cancel each other by any chance......?
krzemien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 20:59   #7
tayandre

I had the same problem on an approved used car. A month or so after buying I had not received any info. So called Volvo assistance to ask and they said I was not covered. Called dealer who said we sent everything off to them. Called Volvo to complain and they sorted it.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 16:53   #8
Razer

Hmm interesting. I renewed my cover two weeks ago having realised i had my used car over a year and the cover would have expired. I also never received a renewal letter.

However they are much cheaper than the RAC, AA etc and ofter greater cover
MY05 - S60 D5 SE (2006-2009)
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 20:16   #9
clivea
clivea

Smile

I bought my car in Jan 2011 as a Selekt purchase and when the 12 months had expired Volvo Assistance contacted me re the £99 renewal which I duly paid. Then Volvo announced that the VA would be given as part of the servicing package so I rang VA/Mondial and was told that I should keep VA running until the car goes in for its service in April and then to contact VA/Mondial and obtain a pro ratae refund as from the date of the service the car would be covered by VA/Mondial through the servicing package. Goes in on 19 april will report back on how this works.

April 2014 Subaru Forester XE Lineatronic.
2010-April 2014 XC70 SE Premium 205ps D5 Geartronic AWD 2010MY Oyster Grey
clivea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 07:52   #10
SouthOxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
However [Volvo Assistance] are much cheaper than the RAC, AA etc and ofter greater cover
Not necessarily; Volvo Assistance give less help & support in the event of an accident or damage to the car than they do for a breakdown; a distinction that is not made by the RAC, AA, etc..