Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rubber oot mat for XC90

Views : 1083

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 10:06   #1
branwellm

Default Rubber oot mat for XC90

Hi all

I have just bought a used 2005 SE D5 XC90 (which I am loving by the way), but could do with getting a rubber boot mat for it. There are loads on sale on eBay but I have not seen any that are split into 2 sections so that when I want to use the extra seats in the back, I can just put 1 section on top of the other. I guess I could always fold it over in these circumstances but it would be much easier if it was just in 2 parts.

We live out in the sticks and have a dog so could really do with something like this as the boot is already dirty as hell.

Does anyone know if such a thing is available?

Many thanks

Branwell
branwellm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 11:26   #2
Pieter11

Volvo has a two piece boot mat as an accessory - think it's the reversible version. Should be available from a dealer
Pieter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 14:05   #3
AyrshireXC90

We have the split mat from Volvo. It is carpet on one side, and non slip plastic on the other. The forward half is bigger than the rear, and won't sit flat on top of the rear half when the third row of seats is in use. It either has to sit on it's edge, or join the tonneau cover in the porch.
Otherwise, pleased with it.
I think Volvo dealers are offering 10% discount on accessories at present.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 15:47   #4
XCF
Master Member

Strikes me that a mat in two halves is no use if you want to put something wet in the boot.

I don't understand why Volvo don't sell a one piece mat that folds in half when you want to use the rear seats, but opens out to cover entire boot when they are down.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 16:17   #5
volvo145
Premier Member

Costco do a heavy duty rubber mat that will do the job for about £10.00.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...6251ef4cb83ad4

Last edited by volvo145; Jan 19th, 2010 at 17:05.
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 16:41   #6
branwellm

Thanks for the replies chaps.

The official Volvo one looks ok, but as AyrshireXC90 says, the forward part is bigger than the back part which means that when the extra seats are being used, the larger part won't fit on top of the smaller one anyway, which kind of defeats the object for me.

I think that I will search for a single one that is flexible enough to fold over on the rare occasions that we use the 7 seats.

Cheers
branwellm is offline   Reply With Quote