Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted: 1800E or ES ECU for testing purposes

Views : 549

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 18:05   #1
kforrest

Default Wanted: 1800E or ES ECU for testing purposes

Hi, anyone got a spare ECU that I could purchase? I bought one from the US pre Christmas and looks like it has gone missing, annoying. Best Keith
kforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 20:13   #2
142 Guy
Master Member

Unless the parcel tracking shows that it has definitely gone AWOL I would give it some time. The current (at least for now) US Post Master General has worked his magic on the US Postal system slowing it to a crawl. I ordered some Volvo parts from Hiperformance Auto in California back in the Fall. Tracking showed that it took more than a month for the parts to work their way from Torrance to Border Services in Vancouver BC and then about two days for them to arrive at my doorstep - a slightly shorter distance (by air) than the Torrance - Vancouver distance.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 20:52   #3
cassell
Member since 1988

Is this of any interest?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-D-J...MAAOSwoShfvEVf
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 23:53   #4
142 Guy
Master Member

Just as a follow up, make sure that you get the right part number for the model and vintage of your car. Even though they both only used two sets of batch fire injectors the 4 and 6 cyl versions had different tunes. In addition, during the production run Volvo changed the operation of the cold start injector system which may be important depending on what you want to test. There were also changes to the manifold air pressure sensor which occurred somewhere around 1971 with an associated change to the controller. So, matching part numbers are a requirement if you want to do in-car testing.

If you haven't seen it already, this site can immerse you in D jet details!

https://jetronic.org/en/d-jetronic
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 10:35   #5
kforrest

Thanks very much for the replies, it looks like I have got one now (thanks Paul!).
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 19:20   #6
kforrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
Unless the parcel tracking shows that it has definitely gone AWOL I would give it some time. The current (at least for now) US Post Master General has worked his magic on the US Postal system slowing it to a crawl. I ordered some Volvo parts from Hiperformance Auto in California back in the Fall. Tracking showed that it took more than a month for the parts to work their way from Torrance to Border Services in Vancouver BC and then about two days for them to arrive at my doorstep - a slightly shorter distance (by air) than the Torrance - Vancouver distance.
Thanks 142 but not sure where it is, apparently it got to the UK late December and then looks like its on its way back to the US, weird
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 12:41   #7
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

I ordered some things from VP autoparts in Sweden at the end of last year but only sent this year. All their U.K. orders they sent out this year were returned and they are looking into what they have to do.