Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 D5 Geartronic - Hesitation/delay in pulling away...

Views : 44971

Replies : 185

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 00:32   #11
JMP

Yes... I'm disapointed with the lag on my 53 plate SE too and agree it's potentially an accident waiting to happen. I thought Volvo were safety conscious!!

I have rectified it slightly by waiting for the gear to pick up and doing a rolling start before flooring it. I.e put in drive - foot off brake - when it starts moving put down power. This is still not a sure cert but much more reliable than flooring from a standing start. This obviously doesn't work if there's something in front of you!
JMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 20:42   #12
GSMGuy
Master Member

Right, getting some good replies, although StevieB, I don't think it has anything at all to do with the transfer box...

I have today opened a case with Volvo Cars UK....

Will report back soon...

MIke

Last edited by GSMGuy; Jan 8th, 2009 at 20:47.
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GSMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 15:24   #13
GSMGuy
Master Member

Just been contacted by someone from Volvo UK... They want me to take car into local dealer for investigtion... At their expense....

Will be waiting until I have used my nearly full tank of Bio though, as no doubt they will blame the fuel....

Mike
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 01:04   #14
ptt

The time it takes from pressing the accelerator to the thing actually moving is laughable. Although you can, with practice, modify your driving style to suit but we should not have to! Its my wife's XC90 and she has trouble with it time and time again. My T5 V70 is a little more lively
ptt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptt For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 16:04   #15
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Well thats my totally untechnically minded mother had her 1st shot of my xc90 this morning and her 1st comment was "takes its time to move doesn't it" Now thats a 67 year old woman that normally drives a c30 2.0d manual noticing the difference!!! She said she actually found it quite disconcerting.
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 18:06   #16
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
Well thats my totally untechnically minded mother had her 1st shot of my xc90 this morning and her 1st comment was "takes its time to move doesn't it" Now thats a 67 year old woman that normally drives a c30 2.0d manual noticing the difference!!! She said she actually found it quite disconcerting.
I am puzzled. Have you not, just bought a MY2009 185 bhp XC90?
My co-pilot on European trips (Mini Cooper driver), found no problems with lag.
Considering the weight, they move very swiftly.

All previous mention, to slow take up, refers to the earlier 163's.
Come, MY2005/6, there was no real problem with them. I had one and had no concern about lag.
You cannot compare a C30 with an XC90.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 20:58   #17
4wheeldriver
Master Member

No I THOUGHT it was an My2009! Its actually an MY2008. They sent the 2009 brochure and supplied a 2008 on order. Hey shes 67!! Do you really think that she knows theres that much difference between them. thats what she drives so that what she compares it with but she still managed to notice the putting foot on throttle nothing happening bit!! This has been a problem with mine after they did an upgrade on the software a few weeks ago!!
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 21:50   #18
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
No I THOUGHT it was an My2009! Its actually an MY2008. They sent the 2009 brochure and supplied a 2008 on order. Hey shes 67!! Do you really think that she knows theres that much difference between them. thats what she drives so that what she compares it with but she still managed to notice the putting foot on throttle nothing happening bit!! This has been a problem with mine after they did an upgrade on the software a few weeks ago!!
I think it is time you paid a visit to Dundee, Inverness or Perth, to get this sorted out.

Please do not refer to lack of power, if someone else f***ed up. This gives the XC90 a bad name.
If you still continue to have problems, Volvo have a customer/relations department and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 13:35   #19
GSMGuy
Master Member

Back to the original topic....

This thread is not about "lack of power" in any way, shape or form - it is specifically to bring together owners of XC90's - whatever the year/model, that consider the "Acceleration delay from standstill" to be a problem or issue...

Play nicely guys...

Mike

PS Will be making arrangements for mine to go to Rybrook shortly, just waiting for confirmation from Volvo UK that they will be providing a c/car - AND VOSA have now expressed and interest.. So the more names & weight that can be added to the aissue, the better IMO..

Last edited by GSMGuy; Jan 13th, 2009 at 13:44.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 13:15   #20
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Have you had any more feedback from Volvo or VOSA over this Mike??