Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Opinions on xc60 or BMW 5 touring

Views : 4353

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 21:36   #11
Teejay1
Master Member

Looks like its a XC60. Trouble is there was only 1 Volvo dealer that actually seemed to take us seriously.

Also why is it that many of these sales people know nothing about the product they sell. If I was a car salesman I would know at least 1 or 2 cars inside out, instead of just replying with erm, erm "not sure" erm. And the golden nugget "where did you read that, I dont think thats the case" and when I say in the owners manual they begin to retract there statement.

Car sales people of the world please dont assume that I know nothing!! I research a lot, may be even too much as my wife says :-)

Rant over :-)
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 20:02   #12
chicagoXC60

Default Same on this side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foringo View Post
When I bought my current A4 a couple of years ago I was reasonably satisfied with the Audi Dealership and managed to get a fair discount considering the car had just be introduced and it matched a broker quote. It has been a great car to drive but over time, I’ve regretted the choice to go for a saloon as it’s not as practical as I really needed & I fancied something less like a rep-mobile Anyway I went back to the same Dealership with the intention of evaluating the Q5 as a replacement, however their Customer relations seem to have deteriorated. They didn’t answer emails and when I eventually had a test drive they appeared to almost take it for granted that I would place an order. The senior manager even put his arm on my shoulder as he explained that due to high demand that there was very little he could do on the price but he would guarantee that they would carry the cost of any difference in VAT during the delivery period….big deal! The closer I looked at the Volvo XC60 the more impressed I become and thought it a better all-round car than the Q5 The attitude of my local Volvo dealership couldn’t have been more different…very helpful, no pressure, long solo test drive and a great deal! I just can’t wait until I take delivery in a couple of weeks or so.
Although we are over here on "the other side", my experiences were nearly identical to yours. Only difference was that I just got out of a BMW X3 lease rather than the A4. Thought I would try the Q5, but the dealership was much too smug about the popularity and scarcity of the Q5 and they made no concessions on the price. They also outright lied about the facts regarding the competition (XC60, BMW X3, MB GLK350, Lexux RX350).

Anyway, the experience at the Volvo dealership was much better even though the XC60 is nearly as scarce as the Q5 here. I would have had to order either one to get exactly the features that I wanted, so the XC60 was the obvious choice (even though I've had to use my bicycle and trains for primary transportation for six weeks!). Only a few more weeks...!
chicagoXC60 is offline   Reply With Quote