Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selling my Amazon! 1970 B20A 131

Views : 1385

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 21:54   #1
woodythelampy

Smile Selling my Amazon! 1970 B20A 131

The time has come! I am selling my car that I have owned for over 15 years and just wanted to guage any interest before I put it up on Car and Classic. First registered in December 1969, Its been a daily driver until continued petrol theft (Siphoning) forced me to garage it in my friends mums house. Taxed and MOT-ed til May next year. Its a toss up between sell it now as it is, or wait til the summmer and spend some cash on it to do a few cosmetic jobs and try and get a bit more. Drive it away now for £2500!! Mechanically its all fine and dandy. 4 speed Overdrive. Overdrive was professionally rebuilt a few years ago with new planet gear and the gearbox was rebuilt and new seals etc fitted. I have all the receipts for everything spent going back to 1995 which runs into many thousands. Engine-all good, new timing gears were fitted in 2001. The Engine itself was professionally recondtioned not long after I bought it and It was my sole means of transport for many years. Body wise theres a bit of tidying to do here and there but structurally, all the usual places have been addressed. Had a new inner wing last year, floor panels when needed, have been done properly. Boot floor, spare wheel well all good. I'm taking some pictures tomorrow, but here is what it looked like in 2006. Nowadays, the door bottoms could do with attention and a mishap on the ice resulted in a ding on a rear wheel arch (Which were both replaced in 2003 with pictures to prove). INTERIOR....It doesn't have the fake cow stretchy cover on any more but I bought a new rear seat cover and drivers seat and back covers from Scandcar a couple of years ago they were expensive, but good value! Anyway, I could babble on for hours but let me know if there is any interest. If not, I'l spend some cash on it and sell it in the summer! Cheers, Stuart Forgot to say it comes with a spare head and bonnet if you want it! Also has 4 speaker CD player fitted. My email address is info@welovelights.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01062006(004).jpg (224.3 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by woodythelampy; Dec 30th, 2010 at 22:10. Reason: Addition
woodythelampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 18:54   #2
woodythelampy

Default Amazon for sale-PHOTOGRAPHS!!

Here are some pictures taken TODAY for the above car for sale at http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k486/woodythelampy/

Now up for sale on Car and Classic!!

Cheers!

Last edited by woodythelampy; Dec 31st, 2010 at 20:18.
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 17:25   #3
woodythelampy

Default Amazon SOLD FAST!!!

Well, I can heartily recommend Car and Classic. I had an enquiry in less than 24 hours, viewed the following day and sold the car with the first viewing!!

She has gone to a new owner in Newbury who will use her as an everyday car exactly as these fine Automobiles should be used. Smiles all round from the seller and the buyer. I love a happy ending!

Last edited by woodythelampy; Jan 4th, 2011 at 18:43.
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 17:41   #4
Alf ista
Premier Member

Congratulations!
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 18:38   #5
Notlob

Well done that man.

Sold mine through C&C earlier this year. Only one response but the guy came up to Lancashire from Devon and bought the car. Excellent site
Notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Notlob For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 18:42   #6
woodythelampy

Thanks! Yes I have to agree that site seems to attract the right sort of buyer. Great site. All the best!
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 18:46   #7
y2blade
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodythelampy View Post
Well, I can heartily recommend Car and Classic. I had an enquiry in less than 24 hours, viewed the following day and sold the car with the first viewing!!

She has gone to a new owner in Newbury who will use her as an everyday car exactly as these fine Automobiles should be used. Smiles all round from the seller and the buyer. I love a happy ending!
congratulations on the swift sale

I'll look out for her locally
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to y2blade For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 22:36   #8
tony lewis

sounds like it went to a good home lookied like a great car too wont you be sad to see it go?
tony lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 15:24   #9
woodythelampy

Hi Tony. Yes it was a cracking car actually. The only time it ever let me down is when the points welded together when the condenser went! I think that cost £9 including postage to fix. If it wasn't for getting my petrol nicked all the time, I would definately have missed it as when I lived in Devon and another part of Bedfordshire with off road parking, it was fine. It happened a total of nine times and the Police eventually had to admit they couldn't really do anything bar posting a 24 hour guard on the road haha. After the third locking cap was wrenched off, I had to admit defeat as it was causing me too much stress and I garaged it in a friends mums house. So in a way, I had got used to not having the use of it 18 months ago and it seemed such a shame for such a great everyday car not to be used. The chap who bought it works for a custom car shop but wants to keep it as original as possible. Therefore he has the ability and opportunity to do a lot of the bodywork and screen leaky stuff himself. It couldn't have gone to a better home really. I would have another Amazon tomorrow if I lived in a house with a big garage but on street parking for classic cars in rural Bedfordshire seems to be asking for trouble sadly. Still I have had so many years of sheer enjoyment out of that car and It shows that a classic car really can be USED and not just paraded at shows. Great on Motorways, pulls like a speedy tractor up hills (Used to love going on Dartmoor!!) and just a great all rounder. Long live the Amazons!