Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50/SHARK/MILLTEK/POLYBUSH/REMAP = 279hp & 420trq

Views : 33048

Replies : 159

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 10:55   #41
marct1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
320's will fit under 17's no problem, well OEM ones anyway. 320's will actually fit under 16's - JUST!

marct1980 - are you IPD parts? How have you shipped your items and at what cost? I'm wanting to get some items from a couple of the US sites but the shipping costs are looking pretty expensive.

Cheers,

Yeah the roll bar and adjustable camber arms are both from the states, ELEVATE was the name of the place, now i cant comment on how good they are cos i dont have them yet but i did try to find the parts in the UK in fact ELEVATE even told me to try the JW racing site as they supply many parts for them. but the JW site was very bare for stuff.

I looked in the UK and KU did indeed supply the items but were a good bit more expensive,

anti roll bar KU=£227 ELEVATE = $259 or £161 so saved £66
adj rear camber KU=£172.17 ELEVATE = $209 or £130.55 so saved £41.62

total save of £107.62 after a bit of waiting for info managed to get FEDEX delivery for $82 or £51.22 so still saved £56.40

seems crazy to me that i can get the items delivered from the states for less than it would cost to buy them in the UK! I dont know if KU would have given free delivery but that may be something that i have saved on as well.

I know that plenty of people will pop up now saying that the stuff from the states is cheap and nasty and the uk stuff will last longer etc etc but the fact that elevate supply there stuff to several UK companies kinda made me think twice about how UK the stuff they are supplying actually is!

i will let you know how the stuff fits etc but at this stage i would have to recommend ELEVATE as a very helpful and efficient supplier. Also the shipping iss not that bad from the states.

Mr sonyviao, if you want to save some money on shipping you should try for bulk buys let people know where you are buying from and whats available, maybe get free shipping if a few of us club together and buy a whole bunch of stuff, i will prob be in !!

Last edited by marct1980; Sep 9th, 2012 at 11:25.
marct1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marct1980 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:18   #42
marct1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy on those OZ's - what wheel size you going for?

17" should accomodate 320mm focus ST - any bigger you'll need 18's
HEE HEE I have gone for the 18's they come with Falkens but i can get p1's from a mate for a good price so will just run the falkens down and then change them out. it was actually cheeper for me to get the falkens and then replace them than it was to get p1s or something else from the start.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:52   #43
don kalmar union
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct1980 View Post
Yeah the roll bar and adjustable camber arms are both from the states, ELEVATE was the name of the place, now i cant comment on how good they are cos i dont have them yet but i did try to find the parts in the UK in fact ELEVATE even told me to try the JW racing site as they supply many parts for them. but the JW site was very bare for stuff.

I looked in the UK and KU did indeed supply the items but were a good bit more expensive,

anti roll bar KU=£227 ELEVATE = $259 or £161 so saved £66
adj rear camber KU=£172.17 ELEVATE = $209 or £130.55 so saved £41.62

total save of £107.62 after a bit of waiting for info managed to get FEDEX delivery for $82 or £51.22 so still saved £56.40

seems crazy to me that i can get the items delivered from the states for less than it would cost to buy them in the UK! I dont know if KU would have given free delivery but that may be something that i have saved on as well.

I know that plenty of people will pop up now saying that the stuff from the states is cheap and nasty and the uk stuff will last longer etc etc but the fact that elevate supply there stuff to several UK companies kinda made me think twice about how UK the stuff they are supplying actually is!

i will let you know how the stuff fits etc but at this stage i would have to recommend ELEVATE as a very helpful and efficient supplier. Also the shipping iss not that bad from the states.

Mr sonyviao, if you want to save some money on shipping you should try for bulk buys let people know where you are buying from and whats available, maybe get free shipping if a few of us club together and buy a whole bunch of stuff, i will prob be in !!

Thanks for your informed reply.

The prices on my website include UK VAT and overnight mainland delivery by TNT.

It is possible that you have got away without paying VAT, I cannot avoid paying the VAT before customs clearance on shipments from outside the EU....plus KU is VAT registered so I have to charge VAT on sales within the EU.

Regards, Don.

PS. My view is that US made stuff is not 'cheap and nasty', rather, like some stuff sourced here and elswhere, it performs the primary function of separating you from your money. That is the case with the items I previously mentioned. and there is, as I said plenty of information available to check both here and elswhere...certainly, though, not the case with IPD's ARBs.

PPS the camber arms are the same as those I source from Eibach.....Chinese...

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by don kalmar union; Sep 9th, 2012 at 12:03. Reason: spelling
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 15:53   #44
marct1980

Latest update from the V50 madhouse......

Super T's arrived a short time ago so after a bit of a clean and polish sesh, and a little righty tighty lefty loosey ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0097.JPG (282.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0101.jpg (192.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0099.jpg (209.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0100.JPG (342.8 KB, 29 views)
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 15:56   #45
marct1980

almost forgot to show the whole thing!>.......
also big thanks to Davie for all the help fitting and cleaning!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0104.jpg (392.9 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by marct1980; Sep 10th, 2012 at 16:29.
The Following User Says Thank You to marct1980 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 15:57   #46
marct1980

Only thing i'm not happy with is one of the centre caps is missing so bit of a bummer but im sure the new one will get here soon.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 15:59   #47
marct1980

also just arrived .....

......but they will have to wait till i get home in about two weeks before they can get fitted!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0103.JPG (332.7 KB, 45 views)
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 16:03   #48
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct1980 View Post
also just arrived .....

......but they will have to wait till i get home in about two weeks before they can get fitted!
What was the cost of import tax?
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 16:20   #49
marct1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
What was the cost of import tax?
well thats the thing......

i placed the order online and paid no shipping at that time. the site flashed up a notice saying for int delivery contact the sales team. so i got in touch and they said it would be $80 for delivery and that they would ship them when i agreed to this amount. i sent an email saying that i was happy to pay just let me know how to pay the money......next email i get back from them is the tracking info from fedex!! they arrived this morning and were handed over no probs just a quick sig in that little computer box thing.

so as far as i can tell i have not paid for the shipping or the import tax etc?!

i even checked the credit card this morning and the amount that i paid originally is still the only and last deduction.

could it be that i have got away with one?
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 17:19   #50
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Sounds like you have Fingers crossed your one of the lucky ones..
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vaiotag