Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo T 5 awd

Views : 755

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 19:35   #1
cathy

I am looking at a 97, p reg 850. T5 AWD with 97,000 miles on the clock, mint con, what is it worth? The guy selling is asking 4K,is it a bargin?

thanks cathy,
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 21:15   #2
burchi

Default RE: volvo T 5 awd

Hi Cathy

Are you sure it's a T5 AWD? I didn't know that Volvo made this model. Not for the UK market anyhow!

They did make an 850 AWD and of course an 850 T5 FWD but I don't know of a combination of the 2.

Be careful and good luck

2003 ('53 reg) V70 R Manual.
Ferrita 3" Downpipe & Sport CAT, HEICO Sport Exhaust with Quad Tips!

Sold but not forgotten....
1998 Saffron V70 R AWD Manual
RICA 310 Chip, SAMCO Hoses, S/Steel Exhaust with 2 x 4" Outlets, OEM Strut Brace, Dynaudio Premium Upgrade, K&N Panel Filter
burchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 21:20   #3
sholtby
Premier Member

Be careful with the AWD cars as the 4 wheel drive system isnt as reliable as say Audis Quattro system.

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 21:29   #4
andy1

as simon says be very carefull they can be very problamatic, do you really need a awd if not consider a standard model t5
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 08:28   #5
sarge
Master Member

Ian's right, Volvo didn't do a T5 AWD. There's the straight AWD with it's 2.5 light pressure turbo engine or the T5 with its 2.3 high pressure turbo. If you want T5 performance and AWD you'll need to look for an AWD R model (or a chipped AWD).

The AWD system is regarded as fragile, but it has definite advantages over FWD in the snow and the wet.

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 16:25   #6
markhan

Default RE: volvo T 5 awd( the rumours were true)

Having suffered a major engine failure in mine shortly after I bought it I had a second hand T5 engine from an automatic fitted to my AWD, I have had no problems since then, just over 12 months, in either the engine or the AWD system itself, having said that the car had some work done to the suspension prior to me buying it. I am very pleased with result, With the TRACS system though it does make it quite heavy on the clutch, so no wheelspin, but on the flipside that extra traction means that once you are moving you soon reach warpspeed.