Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New CFE+ firmware versions available

Views : 1287

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2020, 18:06   #1
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Default New CFE+ firmware versions available

Hi All

The owner of VolvoTech has sadly passed away.

SwedeSolutions have taken over the manufacture and development of the CFE+
https://www.swedesolutions.com/

New firmware versions with lots of bugfixes and some new features are now available via their CFE+ Updater:
http://downloads.swedesolutions.com/...ware/setup.exe
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2020, 18:23   #2
noddycat

Thanks for the update Swiss, sorry to hear about the chap at VolvoTech; he seemed to have done some very innovative work. I thought something was up as there hadn't been much going on in either the old or new VolvoTech sites. Hopefully the good work will continue - I'm a happy CFE Plus user but also keen to get hold of the reversing camera / aux video input module when or if it comes back in stock.
noddycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2020, 19:58   #3
SwissXC90
Premier Member

SwedeSolutions have been very responsive indeed and even fixed bugs that I reported with 2 or 3 days!

My CFE Plus is working so much better now, a joy to use
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
Old May 17th, 2020, 09:38   #4
Moose Test
Master Member

Swiss,

As Someone who has owned a CFE for some time and clearly values it, would you mind sharing with us what you find to be some of its greatest benefits for an XC90 owner?

I considered a purchase when I first moved from an XC70 to an XC90 as my daily drive, as I missed the automatic down shift of the wing mirrors on engaging reverse. However I compensated by using the driver seat memory to do this (I believe CFE makes use of this route to achieve the same?) and over time I've made peace with it. Ditto power mirror folding on lock/unlock.

Following the link you provided above, things seem to have moved on for CFE from when I last looked, including the addition of WiFi connectivity. However at 250 euros I still wonder about the value proposition.
Old May 17th, 2020, 16:35   #5
SwissXC90
Premier Member

What I love about it and use every day:

1. Auto-Accept navigation startup screen so you don't have to press the button each time you drive
2. Light up parking lights, puddle lamps, fog lamps and reverse lamps when unlocking and locking. Helps in my dark garage and at night
3. Auto-start the parking heater with the remote control in winter
4. Auto open all windows and sunroof with the remote control in Summer to help cool down the car
5. Auto switch on the seat heating when it is cold and the engine is cold. Great in winter.
6. Auto switch on the rear demister when cold in winter
7. Tilt the passenger side mirror when in reverse to better see the curb when parking
8. Loads and loads of info on the DIM display, eg how warm the engine oil is, the trans oil, the haldex oil, the coolant, the cabin. Litres of fuel left. Turbo boost in PSI or Bar. Real speed in kmph or mph. Digital RPM. And loads of other stuff.

What I don't use
1. Autofold mirrors, as one of my mirrors is broken
2. Fog lights auto-on on high beam. Not allowed here and police get grumpy about it
3. For lamps as daylight running. Again, police will pull me over. I use headlamps as daylight running lamps

There are lots more functions that exist, some are for other model cars

I love techie stuff so when I found out they existed, I grabbed one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2020, 20:23   #6
Moose Test
Master Member

Thanks for giving your time for a write up Swiss, appreciate it.

There's no single feature there that I'd be prepared to invent 250 euros in but admittedly, the list adds up. I'm a little tempted by the DIM display options too.

Now, if we were fortunate enough in the UK to get parking heaters then I'd have purchased one a time long ago..
Old May 18th, 2020, 09:32   #7
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
There's no single feature there that I'd be prepared to invent 250 euros in but admittedly, the list adds up.
That was my thought too.
I wouldn't pay 250 EUR for one feature.

But I'd pay 250EUR for a whole lot of features.
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 17:56   #8
DJT

Auto-Accept navigation startup screen so you don't have to press the button each time you drive?
Haven't got that on mine Swiss.
Would there be an issue swapping my unit from a 2007 without nav to my new 2008 with nav?
Old Feb 6th, 2022, 13:08   #9
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Auto-Accept navigation startup screen so you don't have to press the button each time you drive?
Haven't got that on mine Swiss.
Would there be an issue swapping my unit from a 2007 without nav to my new 2008 with nav?
None at all. You enter the VIN in the config tool to allow the tool to only display configurable options applicable to your vehicle.
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 09:21   #10
DJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
None at all. You enter the VIN in the config tool to allow the tool to only display configurable options applicable to your vehicle.
Would the unit pick up the VIN from the car if I just plugged it in?