Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hankook ventus tyres any good.?

Views : 1332

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2015, 15:26   #1
alibobst
I've Been Banned

Default Hankook ventus tyres any good.?

Local tyre place can do me four of these at a really good price-any one any experience of these on a v 70

They seem to highly rated overall on the net..thanks
alibobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2015, 16:31   #2
psl
Master Member

Very good tyres, if I can get a good deal from my local fitters on hankook`s, then they`ll be going on my ovlov. Had them fitted on a Senator and it handled well
psl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 03:46   #3
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

if you use your V70 as Volvo intended then you should be fitting 'extra load' tyres as they are designed to take more weight than a regular tyre.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 04:40   #4
xco
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibobst View Post
Local tyre place can do me four of these at a really good price-any one any experience of these on a v 70

They seem to highly rated overall on the net..thanks
If you are referring to ventus v12's I had a set of 4 of these on my v70 and can highly recommend them.(I'm pretty sure they are xl rated aswell but you will have to check)
They are uhp (ultra high performance )tyres and hankook have come a very long way since the old days when they sold budget tyres!
I had 225/45/17 fitted on mine.
They are very quiet, grip the road extremely well in wet and dry weather and they are a v pattern tyre which I found suits the steering characteristics of the v70 and s60 very well.(No tram lining )They feel very soft tyres as they have quite a high level of silicon in the compound they are made from but I found them very good wearing tyres and still had plenty of tread on them when I sold my V70 last year.
I had cause to test their non aquaplaning abilities back in 2013 coming down the A30 just outside Exeter when there was a sudden storm and 2 inches of surface water on the road with nowhere to go, I braked in it and it just cleared the water out of the way, stayed in a rocksteady straight line no loss of grip or wander, a trully excellent tyre and not a bad price either.
If they have one failing I would say that the side walls are so soft that it looks like the tyre is not inflated correctly but mine were at 36psi all round and rode very well.
Be advised though that they are rated as a summer tyre and I found them ok on snow but not so good on ice.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!

Last edited by xco; Jan 13th, 2015 at 04:47.
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xco For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 15:04   #5
dunnyd5
I've Been Banned

second that hankooks are very good
dunnyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 17:17   #6
green van man
Premier Member

Speak as you find, I had hankooks on the back of the land rover when I baught it, bloody deadly on anything other than dry tarmac. Suffered them for two months then changed to bf goodritch AT and will fit nothing else to the land rover.
Will be different tyre for a v70 but my experience has coloured my view of hankook and I will not consider buying them.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: