Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Would you buy another Volvo?

Views : 166784

Replies : 614

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Volvo?
Definitely yes 580 54.26%
Likely yes 330 30.87%
Probably no 113 10.57%
No way Nellie 46 4.30%
Voters: 1069. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 2nd, 2020, 17:08   #501
Deck1ng
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
Since I've just bought my 13th Volvo, I guess the answer is YES....
Indeed I would, although I recently overheard someone say “Volvos are great for old people”, well yes @70yoa, they are comfy, reliable and solid. I would suggest whoever made that statement had never owned one.
Very happy with my current 61 XC60.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 15:13   #502
Steve54hb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
Indeed I would, although I recently overheard someone say “Volvos are great for old people”, well yes @70yoa, they are comfy, reliable and solid. I would suggest whoever made that statement had never owned one.
Very happy with my current 61 XC60.
As at a similar age I would tend to agree, the days of levering myself out of low riding cars should be a distant memory but for my wife's Ibiza FR.
Unfortunately I have just entered the EGR issue at 61K. Nothing I've read on the forum leads me to believe that Volvo have a solution just a series of fixes until the car (or me) expires from other issues or old age.

XC60 SE, my2014, VEA D4, 181bhp, Manual, 67k
Steve54hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 16:01   #503
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

No, never again.
EGR issues, cooler issues , incendiary manifolds,cambelts ripped off by aux belt..... all waiting to happen give no confidence in the marque. Add this to a recall confirmed by the Volvo website and the DVLA with instructions to contact a dealer to fix it, which is not ACTUALLY a recall, unless you have a CEL or smoke coming from under the bonnet, by which time the inlet valves are buggered, does not feel like a quality brand.
Currently looking to get rid and get back into a Honda CRV.
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 19:31   #504
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdalebear View Post
No, never again.
EGR issues, cooler issues , incendiary manifolds,cambelts ripped off by aux belt..... all waiting to happen give no confidence in the marque. Add this to a recall confirmed by the Volvo website and the DVLA with instructions to contact a dealer to fix it, which is not ACTUALLY a recall, unless you have a CEL or smoke coming from under the bonnet, by which time the inlet valves are buggered, does not feel like a quality brand.
Currently looking to get rid and get back into a Honda CRV.
yes, all those COULD crop up, but until they do.....mind you, that new Ford Mach E looks a belter. Tempted...
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 16:40   #505
Bellaxc60

Mines a 2016 XC60 been bullet proof until now, then this year EGR valve engine management light on issue still not resolved yet and another electrical fault airbag light and DSTC which also is not resolved yet. If outcome of both is expensive then probably not.
Bellaxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaxc60 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 22:57   #506
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Just did.
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 21:01   #507
tilney boy
tilney boy

Default tilney boy

as the owner of three present Volvos [1 modern and two modern classics] my answer is a definite yes. but I am not totally blinkered as I have tried all sorts some good some very poor but I always come back to Volvo. by the way my latest car is the 49th I have owned.
tilney boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 08:49   #508
mrc1501
Master Member

Just waiting for my car to have a number plate assigned after the previous owner removed their private plate, then back in a Volvo after maybe now 10 years. Can’t wait to go and collect it when it’s ready 😊

My previous car. Happy days......
V70R 1997 Gone
V70 XC 2.4 T AWD 2002 Gone
2013 XC60 R design Lux Nav 2.4 D4 AWD Polestar optimised in Rebel Blue Gone
mrc1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 20:07   #509
pelagicskipper

VW golf, VW passat, VW Santana, Citroen BX x2, Citroen Xantia, ford Mondeo, Pugeot 406, Volvo S60, Ford Mondeo, Volvo S80 and currently looking at Volvo XC60's, and cant see myself driving anything else in future, so in a word, yes!
pelagicskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 09:12   #510
Javaman365
Arthur Daley's Understudy

Despite the steering issues that developed on our XC70, the choices for a seven seater that retains decent boot space for a pram and some shopping are quite limited - most sacrifice the boot for seats six and seven, which in turn are only suitable for very small kids....and why would you put them in the crumple zone???!!

So, Another Volvo it was. And probably will be again ( though a Nissan Elgrand has more room, drinks about as much, but doesn't have isofix, which we're committed to with current car seats for a few years).
Javaman365 is offline   Reply With Quote