Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1990 960 3.0 24V Breaking

Views : 3369

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2010, 16:04   #21
DuncVolvoTurbo
Yes....I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belugablack View Post
I'll put the stuff, wheels included in due course, on Ebay as this post was primarily to get people to get bits they need and I don't before the car is crushed.

Wheels will definitely go on EBay so they'll make whatever the market is willing to pay for them, so I'm not giving them away in here for £40.
Sorry, but does this mean that you aren't going to sell the "scrappers" to me?
'05 XC90, '97 945, '94 854, '92 964, '93 944, '93 945, '89 244, '92 440
DuncVolvoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 15:52   #22
Profpriv
I've Been Banned

How much for the wheels please??Name the price on pm<

Do you have any air intake nipples from the air intake manifold?

Shaun
Profpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 16:57   #23
belugablack

Re: window "scrapers" - well you didn't make me an offer so yes i'd sooner put them on Ebay as a shame to break up a matching set, especially as there's more estates around than saloons, if no one else bids you'll get them all and can use what you need.

Re: wheels. Will put on Ebay with starting price of £70 as I paid £30 from Volvo two years ago for two new genuine centre caps for them, I think they are a subtle enhancement to any Volvo 7/900 series, fill the arches out, look more sporting, but being factory genuine Volvo wheels they don't look at all chavvy or blingin' i.e. of dubious taste. The tyres are old P6000s and need replacing due to perishing and flat spots from being stood for a year. As the pictures at the beginning of this thread attest the wheels are in very good original factory condition. Never been repainted, no brake dust accumulation in the cut outs, just the odd bit of minor bubbling that you would need to look up close to discern, set of 5 wheels so you get matching spare.

DOORS: Does no one need the doors, no rust, no damage, complete with window regulators and locking motors?
belugablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 19:19   #24
tc
VOC Member

Does it have the early IRS setup with springs?, if so how much for the lower shock mounts (where they bolt onto the trailing arms inside the springs)..
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 19:23   #25
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Re: window "scrapers" - well you didn't make me an offer so yes i'd sooner put them on Ebay as a shame to break up a matching set, especially as there's more estates around than saloons, if no one else bids you'll get them all and can use what you need.

Re: wheels. Will put on Ebay with starting price of £70 as I paid £30 from Volvo two years ago for two new genuine centre caps for them, I think they are a subtle enhancement to any Volvo 7/900 series, fill the arches out, look more sporting, but being factory genuine Volvo wheels they don't look at all chavvy or blingin' i.e. of dubious taste. The tyres are old P6000s and need replacing due to perishing and flat spots from being stood for a year. As the pictures at the beginning of this thread attest the wheels are in very good original factory condition. Never been repainted, no brake dust accumulation in the cut outs, just the odd bit of minor bubbling that you would need to look up close to discern, set of 5 wheels so you get matching spare.

DOORS: Does no one need the doors, no rust, no damage, complete with window regulators and locking motors?
Hi,

I did ask you about the doors way back.

If you could get back to me, please?

Cheers,

T
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 22:36   #26
Profpriv
I've Been Banned

It looks as good as my Celebration Estate,1998

£70.00 for four wheels with centre caps??
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 01:00   #27
DuncVolvoTurbo
Yes....I'm Back!

Quote:
I did say that I would take all of them, as I realised you wouldn't want to break the set. I didn't make an offer, as I have no idea what they are worth. They are your items, surely it is upto you to set the asking price, (after all you did say in your initial post, you did say "I would rather see stuff put to good use than be scrapped so am not after megabucks"). Surely it would be advantageous to yourself to sell here, rather than pay eBay fees and have the hassle of potential dodgy buyers.
'05 XC90, '97 945, '94 854, '92 964, '93 944, '93 945, '89 244, '92 440
DuncVolvoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:24   #28
belugablack

Estates had the traditional suspension set-up, it was the saloons which had the new multilink rear suspension fitted I believe, don't know if this is the IRS you are referring to?

Shocks and springs will suit all estates, but I don't have the equipment to remove it, so you'd need to turn up yourself.

I invited offers as don't know what the stuff is worth, in the absence of any offers from forum members it's put on Ebay so people can decide what it's worth and I'll probably end up making more money as it reaches a bigger audience.

The doors are still on the car - it says you're in Vancouver - so that poses a problem with regard to removal and shipping does it not? If you do want them make me an offer asap please as I am arranging the remains to be collected by the scrap guy. If I have time, I will try removing the doors myself tonight. Does anyone need a tailgate?
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 17:20   #29
Profpriv
I've Been Banned

Hi

Does the coolant reservoir have a level sensor in it??

Can you post a pic?

I want the sensor if it has. Please

Under bonnet light???

Shaun
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 19:03   #30
belugablack

Default Removing rear luggage boards?!

Does anyone know how to remove the luggage bay carpet boards?! With the rear passenger door open I have taken out the bolts which you see when you hold the spring-loaded board up, and undone the tension things that make it spring, but I cannot seem to find any bolts fixing the non-lift-upable board -- please don't tell me they have to be accessed from under the car? The carpets and boards are in great condition so would be a shame to scrap them.

Scrap man booked 9am this Thursday - he says he will pay ME £100 - I thought you had to pay them to take it away?

Shaun: Don't think so, standard 740 carry-over expansion tank, pretty sure there's no level sensor as I wasn't warned when the original radiator leaked when I first bought it - -will check though likewise bonnet light.