Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Could he be refering to the D3?

Views : 1648

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2010, 21:14   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Volvo have just changed all their engine designations for now and the distant future they range from
D ( 75 bhp) to D8 (325 bhp) for diesels

and
T ( 75 bhp ) to T8 (325bhp ) for petrols

Whether the chineese will have any infuence now who knows but i doubt it , i feel the chineese will let volvo sweden get on with things as they used to before FORD Came along ...
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 22:15   #12
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Volvo have just changed all their engine designations for now and the distant future they range from
D ( 75 bhp) to D8 (325 bhp) for diesels

and
T ( 75 bhp ) to T8 (325bhp ) for petrols

Whether the chineese will have any infuence now who knows but i doubt it , i feel the chineese will let volvo sweden get on with things as they used to before FORD Came along ...
With any luck they will do what Tata has done with Jaguar and invest? Jag have produced some truly nice cars of late. It maybe the start of a new bright new dawn for Volvo.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 14:46   #13
jeffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
With any luck they will do what Tata has done with Jaguar and invest? Jag have produced some truly nice cars of late. It maybe the start of a new bright new dawn for Volvo.
Hmmmm...perhaps.

Completely off topic, I suppose. But I still don't like the current Jaguar XKR. I drive an "old" shape (circa 2005) XKR (although it is temporarily missing a front end after an in depth discussion with a motorway barrier). Even though we can't "blame" Tata for the current XKR, and indeed they have improved it immensely with the latest version, I still prefer the smooth lines of the previous shape.
jeffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 15:06   #14
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
Hmmmm...perhaps.

Completely off topic, I suppose. But I still don't like the current Jaguar XKR. I drive an "old" shape (circa 2005) XKR (although it is temporarily missing a front end after an in depth discussion with a motorway barrier). Even though we can't "blame" Tata for the current XKR, and indeed they have improved it immensely with the latest version, I still prefer the smooth lines of the previous shape.
Styling is taste but engineering is fact. If they have improved the engineering then
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote