Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Still looking for a 164...........

Views : 2016

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2010, 00:01   #11
capt jack
VOC Member

Default 164

Thanks John and Paul. Wise words.

I think it's one to watch on Ebay for now and see how the bidding goes.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 13:27   #12
R-P
Master Member

On sale by the Dutch Government.
And one more.
Probably seized from someone with outstanding taxes (and a Volvo collection...). There's also a P1800 ES (drool) on there, but since buying the melon-ex-police I'm driving now from there, the wife doesn't want me looking at the site anymore

But the steering wheel is on the wrong side for you guys anyway...
(Price is determined by blind bidding: you submit your bid, if you're the highest, it's yours. But no chance to testdrive, which meant a new engine and steeringrack for me...)

Last edited by R-P; Apr 6th, 2010 at 13:30.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 14:12   #13
capt jack
VOC Member

Those two Dutch cars look very good! I think I could live with the steering wheel being on the wrong side.....How do you go about making a bid?

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 17:06   #14
R-P
Master Member

Try to give them a ring (0900-0910, so probably 00-31-900-0910, anything with 0900 is a payed number) to see if it's possible. Since last year, you can bid via internet, whereas before it was only through the fax.

Otherwise I would have to do it for you, but as I would be liable for any offer I make, it's not like I am feeling very comfortable doing this

Two remarks up front:
(1) any bid you make will see 15% added as their fee, and you will have to put it to your name (31 euro for someone living in the Netherlands, not sure how this would be done if you live abroad, possibly you could get some exportpapers drawn up that would satisfy them enough to hand over the paperwork).
(2) you have to place the bid before Thursday 10am and pick it up (when you win) before Thursday next week (15th of April).

Also: look out for the line "geen sleutels" which means "no keys" ... It says so at both the 164's, but not at the P1800 (but that's mine if I can convince the wifey )
So you would have to be able to hotwire it or arrive with a car-trailer.

And they both say "BTW 19%" which is very weird: they are Dutch cars going by the license plate, but for some reason you have to pay VAT (=BTW) of 19% over them. Possibly they do come out of a museum and have therefor avoided paying VAT on them...(Possibly VAT didn't exist in its current form in 1969...) This doesn't make sense, but I cannot think of another reason...
So the bidprice will also see VAT added...

R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 19:19   #15
john h
VOC Member

The bidding conditions are a bit tricky on the Dutch ones, but the red E in particular looks to have really good bodywork

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote