Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Very special Volvo 854 T5-R, Manual, Gul Yellow

Views : 2688

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2013, 21:49   #1
bonelorry

Default Very special Volvo 854 T5-R, Manual, Gul Yellow

Well as most of you know I have been giving serious thought about advertising my car over the last few weeks and so here is the advert, This is going to be a long advert but I would like to give as much info upfront for any prospective buyers!

This is a very special car and for now I am only advertising the car on the 3 x Volvo forums and UKSaabs forum for a few weeks before making a National advert on Pistonheads etc, This will hopefully give any enthusiasts the opportunity to buy the car first as I would love for the car to stay on the forums and go to a fellow enthusiast who will hopefully give the car a good home.

You all know how rare and sought after these cars are in any condition and the journey that I have taken the car through to get it to its current condition but for those that do not there is a very extensive thread on this forum with a very well documented write up showing all the work I have carried out on the car as-well as many pictures of the car found here...

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=182673

So onto the advert then chaps and chapettes...

Spec/Car basics:

Volvo 854 T5-R Registered Dec 1994 - M251 TFC
Creme "Gul" Yellow
Standard M56 Manual Gearbox
Currently on 105650 Miles
MOT until Sep 2014, Passed with no advisories.
Taxed until Oct 2013

The car is fully HPI clear, The car also comes with 2 x keys with Alarm fobs, The original Alacantara owners book holder containing all the service and owners manuals. It also has a ring binder full of invoices going into the thousands ££££ as-well as all the press release brochures etc, I will go into this a bit later.

Engine:

Standard B5234T5 engine, Stock 15G turbo reconditioned by A.R turbos in previous owners ownership, New clutch and slave cylinder, Gearbox oil changed using Genuine Volvo fluid, New Bosch Lambda sensor all replaced/changed within the last 6000 miles. Always ran on Shell V-Power/Optimax for last 8 years atleast!

The obligatory full Stage 0 has been carried out in the last 3 months/1500 Miles by myself plus a few more items including...

Genuine Ignition leads, Genuine Distributor cap & Rotor Arm, Genuine Spark Plugs, Genuine Fuel Filter, Full PCV Kit, Genuine later style BCS and all new Vac pipework/hose clips, Genuine Coolant temp sensor, Genuine Thermostat with seal, Genuine Header tank, Genuine Green Expansion tank cap, Coolant change using Genuine Volvo coolant, New D088 Silicone Hose kit in Black 2 x Radiator hoses, 2 x Header tank hoses, New D088 Silicone 5 piece Turbo boost Hose Kit in Black, New stainless Hose Clips throughout on the turbo and coolant hoses, Oil & Filter changed using Castrol 10w40 Magnatec and Genuine Oil Filter.

New Powerflex upper engine mount, New later style rubber firewall mount, Power Lower engine tie bar large bush.

Exterior:

Standard T5-R bodykit, Creme Yellow in colour, Genuine Volvo Mudflaps all-round and Genuine Volvo headlight protectors, Genuine Volvo DTM style exhaust tailpipe.

During the last few months I personally undersealed the Underside, Front Turrets and Rear Chassis legs using Bilt Hamber Dynax.

Interior:

Standard T5-R interior, Half leather half alacantara seats, Walnut dash surround with matching gearknob and Alacantara gearbag, Genuine Volvo T5-R floormats with yellow emblems in unmarked condition with genuine Volvo heavy duty rubber overmats, Genuine Volvo fire extinguisher, Genuine Volvo optional rear window blinds.

Wheels & Tyres:

Standard T5-R 17" x 7j Titans with matching spare, All 5 Refurbished in Anthracite with Pirelli P-Zero Asymmetric Tyres in 205/45R17 88W Fitment allround with 6mm tread on the fronts and 4mm on the rear tyres, All have been Nitrogen filled and rebalanced by myself within the last month.

Brakes:

Brand new brake Discs and pads all round in including 302mm front upgrade and a new OSR brake caliper, All calipers, Disc bells, Disc vents and Disc guards painted black. ATE Super Racing Blue DOT 4 Brake fluid.

Suspension:

Stock T5-R suspension fully overhauled by the previous owner within the last 6000 miles with new Boge Shock absorbers, New springs, New top mounts, New front lower suspension arms and New suspension links, Genuine Volvo front strut brace.

In car entrainment:

Kenwood CD head unit with IPOD connection, Factory Volvo alarm and additional CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser. Also have original Volvo CD/Radio head unit.

Onto the next bit...

Owner History:

The car has had 7 previous owners which for a 19 year old car is nothing, Its fair to say this car has been enthusiast owned throughout its life and this shows in the condition, Low mileage and the service history. The previous owner who I bought the car off was a serious Volvo enthusiast, Although he was not an active member on any of the forums the car was pampered throughout his ownership and the car wanted for nothing. I simply would not have purchased the car off him if I had any doubts as I have very high standards.

He only used the car in the summer months in the occasional local show, The car was serviced annually regardless of mileage which was usually around a mere 1000 per year!

Carrying on where the last owner left off the car has wanted for nothing in my ownership, In the last few months I have spent around £1500 in parts and countless hours taking the cars condition to the next level which is documented in the thread on the forum. It was always a dream of mine to own an 854 T5-R and although I have not had the pleasure of owning the car very long a great deal of my time and money has been invested into the car on preventative maintenance and on making the car cosmetically as pristine as possible. The car has always been ran on Shell V-Power in my ownership as did the last 2 owners.

I can assure any prospective buyer that my short ownership is nothing negative towards the car, I seem to buy cars and get them perfect then once they are finished I sell them on which is a good thing for the buyer! I am very well known on all the forums and have sold a few cars to various members on the Volvo forums over the years which I am sure any of them will happily testify.

Service History:

The car has Full and a very extensive Service history which for a car of this age is amazing in my opinion, Not only does the car have a fully stamped service book but it also has the Mobil one T5-R Track Record book which has 17 Mobil one stamps in! Check this out...

PDI 29/11/1994 with 11 miles on the clock to Volvo Car UK LTD Wheatley Oxon

Registered 1/12/1994

These are the Services/Oil changes in date order which the car has had from new, The list is not exhaustive and other work was also carried out at the time of the services such as brake fluid and coolant changes but I just cant list everything LOL. The servicing is a mixture of main dealer and Volvo independents...

10/2/95 - 3191 Miles
11/7/95 - 10546 Miles
21/1/96 - 20992 Miles
29/1/97 - 27575 Miles
25/6/98 - 34361 Miles
27/8/99 - 39833 Miles
23/10/99 -40850 Miles
26/2/00 - 43720 Miles
27/8/00 - 43720 Miles
23/11/00 - 47295 Miles, Including Timing Belt change.
27/4/01 - 50295 Miles
1/4/02 - 55000 Miles
27/3/03 - 58760 Miles
1/4/04 - 63875 Miles
17/1/05 - 67480 Miles
7/7/05 - 69470 Miles
10/11/05 - 72964 Miles
1/11/06 - 77615 Miles
18/5/07 -80360 Miles
23/4/08 - 85076 Miles
4/7/08 - 91447 Miles
5/2/09 - 95909 Miles
3/2/10 - 96651 Miles
8/2/10 - 98616 Miles, Including Timing Belt change.
27/4/11 - 100850 Miles

Between 2011 and upto Jun 2013 the previous owner carried out the Oil changes himself aswell as other minor servicing work with receipts for the filters etc.

I purchased the car in Jun 2013 with 104200 miles on the clock and since then I have gone through just about everything on the car, I spent over a £1000 of receipts from FRF Swansea and Parts For Volvo's ensuring the car wanted for nothing.

7/9/13 - 105400 Miles, Oil & Filter change.

The car aswell as having the Alacntara owners folder, Owners manuals etc also has a ring binder with many years worth of receipts adding upto ££££ for all the servicing, Repair work, Turbo rebuild and other spares the car has had. It also has the T5-R sales brochure as well as press release information paperwork.

The car also has every MOT certificate from 1998 to present, As mentioned the car was last MOT'd on the 16th of this month and passed with no advisories!

Exterior/Interior condition:

I would describe the condition of the car as excellent and I genuinely very much doubt there are many left this good in the UK, I am very particular when it comes to cars and fellow members that know me will confirm this. I always wash/detail the car the proper way using the best cleaning products and waxes.

I have also spent a small fortune on the car a few weeks ago when I had the car Professionally enhancement detailed a few weeks ago with a cost of £250 at CleanDetail who are a professional detailers in the South Yorks area. The main purpose of this was to remove any swirls ending up with a 90% correction. The car already in excellent condition now looks fantastic and fresh the paint has so much more depth, It was also treated to £800 Swissvax Crystal Rock wax to finish it off.

The underside of the car looks as good as the top, I undersealed the car a few months ago to a very high standard using Bilt Hamber Dynax. This was done not just to improve the protection but also to improve the appearance.

The interior of the is also excellent with only very minor wear on the drivers seat. I do not eat in my car's, I am a non smoker and I always use a seat cover to help protect the seats etc.

Ofocurse the car does have a few age related very minor stone chips on the front bumper which have been touched up using a Genuine Volvo touch up pen and are hardly noticeable,

The few stone chips , They are as mentioned minor but I have an OCD and want to be totally honest to any prospective buyers.

Simply put anyone who has seen my car in the flesh at meetings etc will confirm the condition of the car, This is not your average Volvo 850!

Bad bits:

The Air-Con does not work, The previous owner said that it required re-gassing but this is something I have never looked at as I would not use it anyway.
One of the hinges on the glovebox is a bit worn.

Non of these two issues really detract from what is a pretty outstanding car considering its age.

Summary:

I feel that I have pretty much covered everything in all of the above but if anyone wants to know anything else please feel free to PM me, This is a very rare car in any condition nowadays never mind one this clean. Its literally wants for nothing both mechanically and cosmetically and is ready to just be driven and enjoyed or if the next owner wishes the car could be used for shows and summer use. Whatever suits.

Price:

I am looking for £5000 for the car.

I know there are cheaper examples out there but I do feel that it worth spending a little more for a special example, This is already a classic and iconic car in any condition.

I paid £5000 for the car earlier this year, Spent a small fortune on the car and have done the job properly. I am not looking to make a profit but would just like what I paid for the car which I think is fair!

The car is located in the Sheffield area.

A few pics, Many more on my thread...

Last edited by bonelorry; Sep 18th, 2013 at 22:01.
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 22:44   #2
bonelorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonelorry
I know there are cheaper examples out there but I do feel that it worth spending a little more for a special example, This is already a classic and iconic car in any condition.
I should have re-worded that comment in the advert, There are NO other examples out there for sale in the UK currently.

The last manual, Saloon in Gul Yellow I saw for sale was earlier this year and had covered 239K miles in average condition for £3k!
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 15:13   #3
scvolvo
Premier Member

Fingers crossed for your sale, looks a mint car, might consider selling mine in the spring, if it doesn't go into storage.
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 21:12   #4
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

Thumbs up

worth every penny
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 21:46   #5
john493
Spannering since birth

Default Tfc

That would have been first registered in Oxfordshire
john493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 06:56   #6
bonelorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by john493 View Post
That would have been first registered in Oxfordshire
Yes, It was a Volvo Car UK LTD vehicle in Wheatley Oxon.

Cheers
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 12:51   #7
bonelorry

I have had a few offers Via PM on another forum and I will say the same to you guys as I said to him. I know the tax is up in 6 weeks so I am happy to knock of £200 to cover that.

I am mulling over an offer of £4500 at the moment but its early days yet.
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 21:29   #8
scvolvo
Premier Member

If I had spare 4.5k I'd have offered as well
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 11:56   #9
bonelorry

Car has now sold!

New owner collects it on Wednesday, Very nice chap to deal with who will be giving the car a good home!

Thanks Simon
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 19:53   #10
bonelorry

Now sold, Just waved the car off with its new owner.

Thanks Simon