Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Spotify update won’t install

Views : 9415

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2019, 12:27   #111
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Thanks Scuba - not tried it for a week now so will give it a go again tomorrow in the hope that the software fairies have also fixed mine- cheers
Hi,

As others have suggested above, have you tried changing your Spotify password? Do you have any none alphanumeric characters in your username or password that the new version of the software might be having issues with?

Also, I suggested (i think) somewhere back in this thread, logging into your Spotify account on the web and generating an app username and password pair to login with, it might be worth a try. I have to do this as I (stupidly) originally registered for Spotify many moons ago with my Facebook login, which isn't supported by Volvo (and probably many other) apps.

:wq
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 20:00   #112
gmk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0576 View Post
Hi Weemark
After not working for weeks, I decided to give it one last chance before trying the suggestion of creating another account and trying that.
Threatening it with one last chance ( a la Basil Fawlty) it worked this time.
I hope that they have done something as I too went through all the pain of going to the dealers and them logging a call on Volvo UK.
Never heard anything back from them, but like I said, it is now working.
Hope yours does too
Rob
Works when I log in as me now too, so thanks Rob.
Volvo forum 1 Volvo dealers 0
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 13:26   #113
weemark

And me - I changed nothing on my Spotify account but downloaded and reinstalled the Sensus Spotify apop this morning and was able to log in within 20 seconds. 6 weeks of frustration, Volvo blaming everyone but themselves and not accepting there was a problem - how frustrating!
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 21:12   #114
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Just a thought on this, but perhaps it was a Spotify issue all along...

My thinking is that if it was a Volvo issue then the only way that they could fix it would be to issue an updated software package to replace the one that wouldn't work. Doing so would presumably result in everyone receiving a software update notification....something that I've seen no mention of between the issue first appearing and it resolving itself earlier this week. The fact that we haven't had swathes of people saying that they've had to do an additional update would suggest to me that the fix has instead been completed in the back end, i.e. by Spotify.

Obviously I've no facts to back this up (but when has that ever stopped anyone from sharing their theory in a forum, lol), but it does seem quite logical to me. Anyone share my thinking (or want to suggest an alternative answer )?

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 23:22   #115
weemark

But if that was the case would it not have affected every Spotify user? But yes I do accept your point re the app download notification - neither option seems to make sense! it's a strange one
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 23:29   #116
weemark

Just a random thought - can Sensus updates be pushed to the car without the owner knowing/prompting or can the core build only be updated by a dealer? Just wondering whether the sensus builds had got out of sync for a few of us and the pushing of an updated 'widget' fixed the issue without us knowing?
Old Aug 15th, 2019, 19:16   #117
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Don't know about the Sensus update push, but I would have thought that unlikely, else they'd probably use it all of the time.

As for the issue affecting only some users I can absolutely see that being an issue - many's a time that people head to the IT Support Team for a software glitch at work that is only prevalent for a few users despite the same software builds being in use across the business. Glitches appear when certain criteria all occur - for a laptop user that could be something as simple as the amount of free hard disk space or the size of a file; for an app such as Spotify it could be absolutely anything, maybe even when the user account was first created, the length of the username / password, the expiration date for a credit card.....the list just goes on and on. I suspect that the issue was wider spread than we realise and Spotify fixed the issue in the background without advertising the fact.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 10:07   #118
weemark

You may well be right, IT has a habit of behaving that way. I suspect it may have had something to do with the initial update being completely empty leaving odd partial results kicking around or corrupting whatever system config files are in use - the OCD side of me wants to know exactly how this issue was resolved without me having to do anything or no updates seemingly being applied but that I guess is a forlorn hope!