Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

[Delivery Question] - New XC90 Active Delivery

Views : 1667

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 20:15   #1
anx10us

Default [Delivery Question] - New XC90 Active Delivery

Hi

I've been a longtime lurker, I ordered by XC90 Active back on February the 1st as a surprise birthday/anniversary gift for my wife, somehow I have managed to keep this secret and delivery is tomorrow. I've got a brilliant lease deal via Mill Volvo and their communication has been exceptional. This is the 2nd most expensive thing I've bought on the Internet ;-) I've yet to actually drive or even sit-in an XC90 ! Hopefully I can get it delivered onto the drive and setup whilst she is out, I suppose the massive car sized bow will give it away when she comes home.

I'm hoping that someone could advise me on what I should check after taking delivery, I read there were some issues with electrics and potentially twisted aircon pipes ? anything else obvious that I should spend time checking ?

I'll be sure to post pictures at some point tomorrow, I never thought I'd be excited about getting a Volvo (I'm used to more sportier cars), but I doubt I'll sleep much tonight.

Thanks
anx10us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 21:11   #2
XCF
Master Member

I wouldn't be too concerned about problems.

You've read about two people but there are many hundreds who've taken delivery in recent months with no issues at all.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 22:21   #3
oldmanbm

I'm collecting tomorrow too although if the weather here does not improve I'll have to wait. 'My' XC90 for my wife too although its draining most of my savings!
oldmanbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 18:46   #4
berkshire

I agree with Nick. I collected mine today and other than a walk round to admire the car and look for any blemishes or transporter dings I think it is down to relying on the brand and warranty to cover you as well as the trust you put in the dealer. It always helps to ask the salesman/deliveryman to show you the basics of the controls before you drive off as this gives you a chance to give the inside the once over. Enjoy it. I certainly did!
berkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 22:27   #5
Sportwag

Condition upon collection would be most important in my view. Check for any scratches, excessive swirl marks in paint (there are bound to be some), any etching of paint caused by bird droppings, light creases/dents in panels - stand and carefully look down both sides of the car. Check for any scuffs or scrapes on wheels and interior trim. Make sure the specification matches exactly what you ordered. Don't be forced to accept it if you find something wrong.
Sportwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 23:37   #6
oldmanbm

Well finally got mine and spent some time checking round it. First class except I had to drive home through a flood and then a snowstorm - what a car!!
oldmanbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 14:06   #7
technofan

Green with envy....mines going to be at least 2 more months...

Congrats!!

Pete.
technofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 17:55   #8
anx10us

Delivery went absolutely fine, took all of 5 minutes, unfortunately the car was filthy as it travelled best part of 200 miles on an open transporter. I had a quick check around, looked inside and that was it. I'm very impressed, considering I had never sat inside an Active I did wonder if it would be little basic (peasant spec. ;-)) but to my surprise its very well appointed. Having never seen inside an SE or Executive I fortunately don't know what I'm missing.

As the car was a surprise I managed to get it onto the drive, parked up with a massive bow attached. My wife was very pleased, as you can imagine.

The XC90 certainly drives a lot different to may current daily driver (BMW 335d), but I'm sure I'll get used to it, although it is nice to have the contrast. One thing I'll never get used to is the ridiculous foot brake !! who thought that was a good idea ?

One final thing to add, my purchase was via Mill Volvo and they had been nothing short of exceptional in their communication, I was kept informed during all stages of order and any email I sent was never left unanswered for more than a couple of hours. This method of communication works well for me, as I'm busy during most days so sending an email early morning or late at night worked well for me. To be honest I've never understood people having loyalty to a specific dealer, I'll just get the Best Internet price, get it delivered to my home and then choose wish dealer to have the servicing done.

Thumbs up to Volvo for an impressively practical 7 seater, Mill Volvo for great communication and finally thumbs up to the Lease company for an amazing monthly price
anx10us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 11:15   #9
berkshire

Ah yes, the foot break. After a 150 mile dash around towns yesterday I cam to the conclusion that is is a brilliant bit of lateral thinking - Mercedes may have though of it first - which I find very practical. The thunk on release is reassuring as what else goes thunk in a modern car these days? Although I am trying now to manage a release without thunk but suspect that even someone with the footwork dexterity of Rudolf Nureyev would have difficulty. What do you think of the aluminium trim on the centre console?
berkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 11:24   #10
somersetciderrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshire View Post
Ah yes, the foot break. After a 150 mile dash around towns yesterday I cam to the conclusion that is is a brilliant bit of lateral thinking - Mercedes may have though of it first - which I find very practical. The thunk on release is reassuring as what else goes thunk in a modern car these days? Although I am trying now to manage a release without thunk but suspect that even someone with the footwork dexterity of Rudolf Nureyev would have difficulty. What do you think of the aluminium trim on the centre console?
Prone to taking dents berkshire. I can't think for a moment how we have done it - although it is a tiny indentation. If your anything like me though berkshire, your eye is immediately directed to it! No matter how much I touch it, it won't go away!! Very very happy with the car though - we go on the verges at every possible opportunity!!

XC90 Active Geartronic 2010
somersetciderrover is offline   Reply With Quote