Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Carwow ranked Volvo 15 in the most reliable brand list

Views : 805

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 15th, 2020, 10:46   #1
jonnyu

Default Carwow ranked Volvo 15 in the most reliable brand list

I saw an interesting video regarding car brand reliability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIK7K_q8eY

Based on the list here is what I agree and what I don't agree based on cars I owned:
-Audi: Totally agree on the position. Since 98 to 2016 I used on and off Audi cars and I can confirm that through generations, Audi's always had issues that are very expensive to solve.
-Ford: Don't agree 100% but it's a valid analysis.
-Mercedes: Agree, Mercedes got cheap on their A and C segments.
-Volvo: don't agree on the position since new generation Volvo's were not included in the analysis.
-Fiat: don't agree on the position at all. Totally wrong analysed. People that buy Fiats dont have money to have the service done on the dealer so there are a lot of Fiats that don't appear on their statistics because people use local garages to repair them. Fiat is the less reliable brand I ever owned and very expensive to fix.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 11:59   #2
EssexExile
Master Member

We'll all have different experiences. Honda came top but after owning a CR-V for six years I wouldn't have another.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 12:29   #3
NSBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
We'll all have different experiences. Honda came top but after owning a CR-V for six years I wouldn't have another.
That’s interesting - I had 4 CRV’s after having and loving an S2000. I never had anything go wrong with any of them. I needed a larger 7 seater or I would have kept going with CRVs.

I do have concerns re reliability of Volvo - I’ll never hear the last of it as my wife is used to Honda reliability now lol
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 13:29   #4
Whyman
Premier Member

+1fir Honda CRVs petrol autos, we’ve had two and both were super reliable the only problem we had was rear calipers seizing on both mainly because we went through a ford at Lear twice a day and only 1/4 mile before we parked up so it’s probably not the cars fault.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 20:32   #5
AB-UK
Premier Member

These reliability figures are based on owners who use Warranty Wise.
Hardly a true reflection of reliability.
What about owners who have work done under manufacturers warranty?
For example - I have extended my Volvo warranty for the past 7 years.
Only used it twice.
I therefore deem my XC90 to have been very reliable, but this report wouldn't include my input.

A few years ago, a Volvo dealer I used combined with their LandRover dealership.
When it opened to we invited guests, the Service Manager proudly displayed his 12 bay service workshop. 10 were occupied by Landies and only 2 with Volvos - the guy winked and exclaimed that was where they made their money.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post: