Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Radio fault

Views : 584

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 11th, 2014, 10:13   #1
notts57

Default Radio fault

I have a fault with my radio when I set off the radio will switch itself off and will not switch back on.If I leave the vehicle for awhile and come back to it it switches on normally this also affects the reversing sensors!:-(
notts57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 14:13   #2
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
My radio kept playing up in the winter. If i started the car and the radio was on it would just switch off. Had to switch off the car, wait, switch on radio then off and restart car and then radio!!. when the radio went off, the menus on the display couldn't even see the radio info. I assumed it was voltage sensitive. During starting the voltage dropped and the radio disconnected from the CAN bus system. A new battery sorted it, no problems since. The car always started well on the old battery but the voltage must have just dropped enough for the radio to disconnect.
Iain
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 18:40   #3
jeffmasson

I had problems with my radio as well would not turn on and volume would change on its own. I cleaned all the connectors and contacts on the cem with contact cleaning spray and is now all fine.