Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking a 2002 Phase 2 V40 sport 2l

Views : 26427

Replies : 339

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 20:50   #21
m1tch1987
Premier Member

Backbox as in rear exhaust can (the bit with the tailpipe) I seem to remember someone saying that their 2 litre V40 had a twin tail pipe, this has a single larger tail pipe, so might be an optional one?

2003 Volvo V40 1.9D Sport - MPG below

m1tch1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 21:01   #22
Dean1985
Master Member

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...20V40/V407.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Yes it is black leather but has been soaked in water. I was planning in keeping it myself, but I am not sure now. I need to check the condition of the foam underneath. But I would not sell it to anyone in the condition it is atm without reconditioning the leather.
If the leather is no good once you've tried to save it and wont let it go to anyone else could I have the 2 rear headrests please.
Dean1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 21:36   #23
nobbynormal

Hi, How much for the wheels please?

bill-newell@hotmail.com
nobbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 21:45   #24
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1985 View Post
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...20V40/V407.jpg

If the leather is no good once you've tried to save it and wont let it go to anyone else could I have the 2 rear headrests please.
Leather on the front seats is quite poor and I am not going to bother with it. I would not buy it myself and I am therefore not going to sell it to anyone else otherwise. If anyone still wants the front seats they can have them though for free but will have to come and collect.

Baffler has got there before you Dean. He has already asked for headrests and child booster foldable seats on the rear. If he does not want them then you can have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tch1987 View Post
Backbox as in rear exhaust can (the bit with the tailpipe) I seem to remember someone saying that their 2 litre V40 had a twin tail pipe, this has a single larger tail pipe, so might be an optional one?
Oh.......... I feel stupid now. OF courseeeeeeeeee....... Thanks m1tch1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfedex View Post
Hi Again,
Will have the passenger H/light...cost please.will pay you on collection..rgds Steve
Does £30 sound ok to you? Images attached below. If you are interested I will pm you address and tel number
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2891.JPG (185.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2892.JPG (97.0 KB, 20 views)

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 21:47   #25
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Interested in the drivers side rear caliper if its in good condition?, let me know a price
Hey scooby. It is quite rusty but it seems to be working ok. I can give ita good clean and apply some antirust stuff but I am not sure what a good caliper should look like.

Nullius in Verba
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 21:49   #26
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbynormal View Post
Hi, How much for the wheels please?

bill-newell@hotmail.com
Hey Bill

Dogbook has asked for them already so he has first pick. I was thinking something like £120 for all 4 of them. If he does not want them I will let you know

Nullius in Verba
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 22:35   #27
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marccowley View Post
Hi, how much for the tow bar, radio, all 4 outer door handles, front grill, and dash clocks! i think thats it, seperately please!
- Tow bar: I am going to contact Salvo tomrrow and ask for their price and I will do it 25% cheaper than them. I am not looking for more than £120 though. It is in excellent condition
- Handles: Already gone
- Front Grill: Smashed so no good.
- Dash clock: £20 (but please please make sure it will work. SOmething tells me it will not work, and I don't want you to waste your time and money with it)
- Stereo: I sold my last stereo for £50 + postage so I was looking for something like that this time too. I also need to get the code from dealer

Quote:
Hi there,

Can you check the drivers side wing for what sort of washer motor it has lol should be easy to see without a bumper! Looking for the orange capped sort with a rounded plug.

Also, what condition is the backbox in?
I have cut the cable and connector and I can send it to you for free. Backbox is in very good condition from what I coudl see. I could not see any rust. I need to check the joints, as they are the ones that rust first. I will take photo tomorrow and post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcbremner View Post
Hi mate,
Is the grill still in good nick? Ie not too many of the slats missing.
If so name your price and ill have it.

Cheers
Scott
Grille is broken in many areas. It was one of the things I was going to keep for myself, but it is unusable I am afraid. I am also in search for one.

Nullius in Verba

Last edited by gatos; Jun 19th, 2011 at 22:47.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 23:13   #28
jon1985

Quote:
Sorry Mitch i think that was me. My car is a s40 and it is a 1997 phase 1 car not a phase 2.

Volvo may have changed the back boxes on the newer models.

Sorry again for any confusion

Jon
jon1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:24   #29
sjfedex

Hi Gatos,
sjfedex here..unable to PM you..as I'm a new member..please PM again with your address and email..yes I will have the h/light..rgds Steve
sjfedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 12:11   #30
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Hey scooby. It is quite rusty but it seems to be working ok. I can give ita good clean and apply some antirust stuff but I am not sure what a good caliper should look like.
Can you post a picture of it, I'm not 100% sure I need it, its jsut I freed the handbrake mech on the that side off after it jammed on, and it appears to be sticking again, so going to try again today to clean it & free it up, if that deosn't help will need to get another
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote