Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 Classic Breaking for Spares; 2000MY, 2.4 Petrol Manual

Views : 9907

Replies : 100

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 18:21   #1
Paddler Ed
Volvo Driver Born 'n bred

Location: Armidale, NSW, Australia... home of rust free 240's!
Default V70 Classic Breaking for Spares; 2000MY, 2.4 Petrol Manual

Unfortunately I'm breaking my 2000 MY V70 Classic; 225,000miles, FVSH up to current service due. Owned for the last 5 yrs, but not used since March 2010. It's beyond economic repair, as it needs recommissioning, new clutch and 4 tyres (so well over the value of the car)

Price (exc Delivery)
  • Centre Cap £5ea
  • Owners Manual and sleeve £5
  • Indicator Repeaters £5ea
  • Spare wheel well cover £10
  • Grill £15
  • Jack and wheel Brace £15
  • Load Liner (soft rubberised one side £15
  • Mats £25
  • Original rear Shocks, still working £30
  • Wheels £30ea
  • Roof Rails £45
  • Spoiler £50
  • Load Cover £50
  • Genuine Volvo Radiator for car with AC £75
  • Rear Lights per side £100

Wheels are 15" Antila, 1 is a bit porous, and suffers from slow leaks, but otherwise all are good. Would benefit from refurbishment if looking at using; all have some degree of corrosion on them

Centre caps are being sold separately if sold first, otherwise wheels will be supplied with caps.

Indicator repeaters
(Drivers side)

Radiator Grill

Spoiler has some scratches from roof rack straps and ropes (used to use roof racks a lot for kayaks and canoes)

Load Cover still retracts etc, not the cleanest, but would clean up

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0824-00020.jpg

Jack and wheel brace can be supplied with the polystyrene block that sits on the space saver.

Rear Shocks were taken off at 175,000 but I don't know if they are the original ones or not. Were replaced with Monroe Load Levellers, which may be available; Monroe's were repaired under warranty in 2008 after 15,000 miles, but have been trouble free since.

Rear Lights:
Passenger side

Drivers side

Radiator fitted at end of 2009, as old one was leaking. Supplied by FRF. Done about 3,000 miles with it (not sure exactly what the mileage was when it was fitted so taken a guess based on it being fitted (just) before Christmas 2009, and stopped being used in March '10)

Other parts and pictures available on request; had to dodge the rain showers!

Car (+ parts) are in Shropshire, south of Shrewsbury.

PM or post below,

Thanks

Ed
'05 BMW 320d E46 Touring.GF's car

Last edited by Paddler Ed; Aug 24th, 2012 at 18:25.
Paddler Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 19:11   #2
Peter 62
Master Member

What colour is the interior?

Is it code 3960 by any chance?

2004 V70 Facelift, Auto Silver
Peter 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 19:21   #3
Paddler Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter 62 View Post
What colour is the interior?

Is it code 3960 by any chance?
Yes it is, just been out and double checked.

What are you after?

Parents are going to be down in Battle in the first week of September if that helps with getting bits to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paddler Ed For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 20:50   #4
Peter 62
Master Member

Cheers Ed

I'll need to double check as I have made notes as and when I have noticed little bits and pieces and it looks like I never got round to keeping a decent note in my 'V70 document'!

Small bits I can think of are:
  • The inside tailgate handle surround, providing none of the tabs/clips etc are broken (I'll check and get you a pic of what I mean)
  • OSF Seatbelt aperture shroud/surround (pic below) but only if the belt hasn't 'cut' through the bottom (this is what had happened to mine and it was fraying the edge of the belt)

This bit I wouldn't have bothered with because of the distance, but may become feasible via your parents?

What are those roof bars? You keeping or selling them?

...Oh...cup holder centre console, dog guard and rear child seat? These are all nice to haves and really are cost dependant.

TBH, I was looking at putting a 'shopping list' together and doing the 20 miles to the nearest decent breaker to me in the next few days so don't put yourself out for me as I may just do that in the hope of knocking a lot out in one go. I'll have another check tomorrow and see what other bits and pieces I may need. Maybe give you a call perhaps? Will PM of course if we go that route.

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 21:43   #5
Paddler Ed

Quote:
Cheers Ed

I'll need to double check as I have made notes as and when I have noticed little bits and pieces and it looks like I never got round to keeping a decent note in my 'V70 document'!

Small bits I can think of are:
  • The inside tailgate handle surround, providing none of the tabs/clips etc are broken (I'll check and get you a pic of what I mean)
  • OSF Seatbelt aperture shroud/surround (pic below) but only if the belt hasn't 'cut' through the bottom (this is what had happened to mine and it was fraying the edge of the belt)

This bit I wouldn't have bothered with because of the distance, but may become feasible via your parents?

What are those roof bars? You keeping or selling them?

...Oh...cup holder centre console, dog guard and rear child seat? These are all nice to haves and really are cost dependant.

TBH, I was looking at putting a 'shopping list' together and doing the 20 miles to the nearest decent breaker to me in the next few days so don't put yourself out for me as I may just do that in the hope of knocking a lot out in one go. I'll have another check tomorrow and see what other bits and pieces I may need. Maybe give you a call perhaps? Will PM of course if we go that route.
D-Pillar Trim: As long as your speaker grill is intact in the D pillar, mine's broken (certainly on one side). The D-pillar trim is not perfect, there's a small nick in it where the parcel shelf trim locates, but not as bad as yours! Typically the other side is perfect...

B-Pillar Seat Belt guide: Only has the slot at the top to allow removal. No rough edge where the seat belt runs lower down, has worn but is smooth.

Tailgate trim: A bit trickier; the large panel isn't in the best condition... in fact it's screwed into the tailgate as the clips broke (after the cabling to unlock the tailgate snapped and I had to unlock if from inside!), but the little plastic pull handle is fine. Just been out to check on it, and I think I know what you meant when I saw it!

Don't have a dog guard, cup holder arm-rest or 7-seat kit, and I've got a leather interior for the child seat.

Prices? All 3 plastic trim pieces, £15 and the child seat TBC; depends on whether it needs the whole seat back or if it can come out separately.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Roof rack is not for sale, keeping hold of it for whatever I get next. It's Thule 755 feet and some 127cm cross bars, so nothing special! Cross bars are a bit bent and bashed as well after being used for 10 years carrying kayaks, canoes and mountain bikes!
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 22:36   #6
Peter 62
Master Member

Thanks Ed

That reminds me. Speaker grill on the 'D' on that side is cracked as well. I really don't like them though, so have my eyes open for an idea to mod them.

This is the tailgate handle and it is the tabs behind the marked area that are broken off on mine.

I forgot to look at my child seat, but from memory it looks as if somebody has tried to eat it!!

I am a fussy bugger Ed and if I am going to replace bits tbh replacements are going to have to be pretty much almost perfect. With that in mind I'm going to try to make time to get to the breakers and see what I can pick up there first and if still any parts outstanding come back and see if you still are able to help.

Sorry to mess you about like this. If I miss out and your bits go then that's my fault for fannying about in the first place!

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 22:01   #7
Paddler Ed

Quote:
Thanks Ed

That reminds me. Speaker grill on the 'D' on that side is cracked as well. I really don't like them though, so have my eyes open for an idea to mod them.

This is the tailgate handle and it is the tabs behind the marked area that are broken off on mine.

I forgot to look at my child seat, but from memory it looks as if somebody has tried to eat it!!

I am a fussy bugger Ed and if I am going to replace bits tbh replacements are going to have to be pretty much almost perfect. With that in mind I'm going to try to make time to get to the breakers and see what I can pick up there first and if still any parts outstanding come back and see if you still are able to help.

Sorry to mess you about like this. If I miss out and your bits go then that's my fault for fannying about in the first place!
I've not got an internal release handle for the tailgate, as the car never had rear facing child seats.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paddler Ed For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 22:03   #8
Paddler Ed

Front Indicators

there's a small chip in the passenger side one, and the drivers one has a small crack.

£25 + Postage; not perfect, I think they're the original ones!
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 13:58   #9
Chris1497

Do you have the crankshaft sensor ???

Volvo part 9202134??

Chris
Chris1497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 17:51   #10
hurdiss1

is it a p1 or p2?
hurdiss1 is offline   Reply With Quote