Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

luggage cover / parcel shelf problem

Views : 633

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2018, 00:07   #1
timaaeee

Default luggage cover / parcel shelf problem

hi guys,

I bought a 2013 V60 recently and the luggage cover won't stay in place? The plastic nobs on the end don't seem to stick out far enough to go into the gooves on the top of the boot properly, I can put it in but any sideways motion from a bump in the road causes one end to fall out then the whole thing retracts!

has anyone else got this problem or know of a solution?

thanks
Tim
timaaeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 11:11   #2
1monkey600

Any chance of extending the knobs with a bit of dowelling screwed into the existing plastic? Even, possibly, find some suitable caps from some felt tip pens, etc, that will fit over the end of the existing knob.
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 11:13   #3
1monkey600

Any chance of extending the knobs with a bit of dowelling screwed into the existing plastic? Even, possibly, find some suitable caps from some felt tip pens, etc, that will fit over the end of the existing knobs to extend them just enough?
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 12:10   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timaaeee View Post
hi guys,

I bought a 2013 V60 recently and the luggage cover won't stay in place? The plastic nobs on the end don't seem to stick out far enough to go into the gooves on the top of the boot properly, I can put it in but any sideways motion from a bump in the road causes one end to fall out then the whole thing retracts!

has anyone else got this problem or know of a solution?

thanks
Tim
best have a word with a dealer , there are repair kits for some of the roller blinds
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 12:11   #5
timaaeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monkey600 View Post
Any chance of extending the knobs with a bit of dowelling screwed into the existing plastic? Even, possibly, find some suitable caps from some felt tip pens, etc, that will fit over the end of the existing knobs to extend them just enough?
I was really just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if my cover was the wrong size or something? When it is in place with the pegs in the holes there was a gap of around 7mm on each side and if I slide the cover to the left so the peg is fully in the hole then the peg on the right falls out?!

I have now fixed this by cutting some bits of plywood to fill the empty bits of hole so that when it is in place it can't slide left/right any more. This seems to have worked although your suggestion would have worked also, I am just suprised that other people do not have this problem?

thanks
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 12:16   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timaaeee View Post
I was really just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if my cover was the wrong size or something? When it is in place with the pegs in the holes there was a gap of around 7mm on each side and if I slide the cover to the left so the peg is fully in the hole then the peg on the right falls out?!

I have now fixed this by cutting some bits of plywood to fill the empty bits of hole so that when it is in place it can't slide left/right any more. This seems to have worked although your suggestion would have worked also, I am just suprised that other people do not have this problem?

thanks
It sounds like you have the wrong blind if it is not obviously broken
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 13:37   #7
timaaeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It sounds like you have the wrong blind if it is not obviously broken
yeah I guess so, anyway hopefully my fix will keep it in place now..
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 17:01   #8
Chrisv60

I must admit I've never used the rear luggage cover, it's been in the garage since the car was a week old as it made it too difficult to get shopping and stuff in and out the boot.

Mind you, I've got the tinted windows which are very dark from the outside so it's virtually impossible to see in anyway.