Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2004 Volvo V40 1.9d Sport For Sale + parts

Views : 1002

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2019, 16:37   #1
dralphs

Default 2004 Volvo V40 1.9d Sport For Sale + parts

Now its done 250,000 i've decided its time to "upgrade" so the old girl has to sadly go.

First reg 29/07/2004
VIN YV1VW70924F121040
Chassis 121040
D4192T3
1870cc CDI diesel
Paint Code 346-12 Black Sapphire metallic
Upholstery 7990 Leather-faced Arena

I've had her since April 2014 @ 165,000 miles. Now just clocked over the 250,000 mark

Regularly serviced since i've had her but the garage i used wasn't very good at issuing receipts or stamping the book.

Cambelt at 171003 in 15/06/14 inc water pump and tensioners.
Another waterpump in 2016 (receipt) approx 210,000 as old one weeping. Believed cambelt also changed again but cannot prove.
Last serviced April 18 so its due now but as i was intending to sell i haven't had it done.
Depending on where you check it might be due a cambelt.
Clutch & DMF in Jul 2017
MOT expires 03/08/2019
New tyres all round in July 2018 for MOT.
New front brake hoses also at MOT

It will probably need a pair of discs on the front or back as you can feel that one of them is slightly warped.

It is a good spec

Leather Seats
Climate Control with Aircon
Factory fitted Xenon HID headlights with one working washer motor
Heated Seats
Sports spec with spoilers etc
Fitted floor mats
Boot mat
Info Center
Towbar with dual 12n/12s Electrics. Only used for a camping trailer and a lightweight freedom caravan
It does not have sunroof or cruise control

The previous owner was a builder so it picked up a few dents and scratches and i think it may have been parked near a cricket ground or gold course at some point as has a couple of dents in the roof.
They have never bothered me as i had it as a workhorse for Work commute/Scouts etc.

Comes with two keys and at least 1/3 tank diesel

The only reason i'm changing is i fancied something slightly newer with a bit more performance and put the money that i would have spent on service etc into the new car. Had i not changed i would happily have had it serviced and be keeping for at least another year.

I also have several boxes of parts i've amassed over the years for x40 models and would like them to go in bulk with the car as i don't really have time to list them all separately on here or ebay. It includes some standard halogen twin bulb headlights with repaired adjusters, a kit of factory HID parts, sidemarkers, headlight washers etc Photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/W5uWZFdgU7VcvJGm8

I'm looking for £500 for the car and then a decent offer around £200 for the parts (which are collection only)

Car is currently SORN so bear that in mind if you come to view.

Full resolution photos of the car at https://photos.app.goo.gl/XnDe5mGgCv2aWQWQ6

Located just on outskirts of Oxford.

If no interest within a week i'll be listing on ebay but want to give forum members first refusal.

Please Contact me through here either PM or email/text (details on my page)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg media (3).jpg (58.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg media (10).jpg (45.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg media (11).jpg (33.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 250000 miles.jpg (63.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg media.jpg (22.9 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by dralphs; May 19th, 2019 at 16:45.
dralphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 16:56   #2
dralphs

Still for sale, looking for sensible offers over £400 for the car, parts by negotiation.
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 16:13   #3
dralphs

Still for sale, offers over £300
Also still have all the parts listed.
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 12:57   #4
dralphs

Default Now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralphs View Post
Still for sale, offers over £300