Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 480 Celebration No.001. 27100miles

Views : 17478

Replies : 81

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 5th, 2009, 19:10   #41
ahal
Master Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
And I was just about to offer £7000 cash too.
I miss out again.
Don't worry ... there are others. I'm selling my 480 for £15,000. It's an extremely rare 'S' model
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 17:09   #42
VND
Now with added T4

My large and serious car collection is desperate for that model.
I will pay you one MILLION pounds.
For serious.
VND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 18:16   #43
brooklandsblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
My large and serious car collection is desperate for that model.
I will pay you one MILLION pounds.
For serious.
Dear Sir, i am contacting you from a Very Large Volvo Dealers in Germany, i was going to get my cousin Saiid's , nephew's, uncle's, daughter's, granny's stepchild to pay you 3 million rupee's by nigerian bankers draft if you could sent me the difference back by western union bank transfer immediately tomorrow!
many thanking you. please send me all your personal details including your bank account & pin number and i will process all the necessary paperwork fastly.
regardings George N'tumbabababumbalalasmith.

Last edited by brooklandsblue; Jul 6th, 2009 at 18:20.
brooklandsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooklandsblue For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 18:19   #44
brooklandsblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahal View Post
Don't worry ... there are others. I'm selling my 480 for £15,000. It's an extremely rare 'S' model
i need one that has had a "nose job" though just like that one, has yours had the same cosmetic enhancement and i suppose for £15,000 it was the first volvo ever built? this sounds very cheap to me so forgive me if i sound suspicious! no such thing as a free lunch and all that. ;-)
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 19:46   #45
ahal
Master Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklandsblue View Post
i need one that has had a "nose job" though just like that one, has yours had the same cosmetic enhancement and i suppose for £15,000 it was the first volvo ever built? this sounds very cheap to me so forgive me if i sound suspicious! no such thing as a free lunch and all that. ;-)
I will have you know it predates the first Volvo built! It also has a nice 'bulge' at the back of the roof, where some damage was done removing the aerial which was spuriously fitted there. As so few Volvos have this, surely this must increase the value.

It also comes with the original toolkit and manuals / spare wheel, each in watertight packaging. This complete and original car also comes with colour - coordinated wellingtons for rear seat passengers. You are right about the price. I think it is at least £3,000 undervalued, not least because it is a nice colour!
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 20:59   #46
capt jack
VOC Member

£4000 for a RHD car from a German dealer. Yeah right. Seems our German cousins have more money than sense.

Still, my guess is that without the input from us 'wallies' you wouldn't have bothered doing all that detective work for yourself, and tracking down that German dealer! 10% to each of us I say! Lets face it, if you'd known all that before why bother coming on here?

And of course we were right. You didn't sell the car to a UK buyer. It's value here would have been around £1000.

As a serious observation, so-called 'classic car' values are way higher on the Continent. An 1800 that would struggle at £5k here would fetch £20k in Switzerland or Holland.

Still, if it's true, congratulations on finding someone daft enough to part with all that money! Do you get paid after it's delivered or before?

Now, how are you fixed for saving the world economy? And how do keep your red pants so shiny wearing them outside your blue trousers like that? It must be the power of kryptonite I guess!

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 21:09   #47
brooklandsblue

£6000 for an xr3i to an "overseas" collector and now £4000+ for the volvo to an "overseas" dealer/collector, seems like theres a pattern emerging here.... especially when on both occasions the car's concerned were only worth about £1k and both times there value's were disputed on public forums and then both times it turned out that you were completely right and the majority were wrong!
i wish everything i touched turned to gold!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooklandsblue For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 22:10   #48
VND
Now with added T4

I think you learned gentlemen are forgetting that it was used in volvo official promotional advertising..............................

or at least a similar car, of different colour and age was.

you CANNOT buy providance like that.

My 340 was in Top Gear. If you squinted.
Can I have 500 for it please?
VND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VND For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 22:32   #49
capt jack
VOC Member

I once owned a Hillman Imp. So did Anita Harris. I once met Anita Harris.

Does this mean that if I had still had my Hillman Imp it would be worth a fortune?

Actually, come to think of it, my Hillman was in fact substantially just a lump of red-painted fibreglass and filler, crudely constituted to look a bit like a Hillman Imp.

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 23:09   #50
brooklandsblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
I once owned a Hillman Imp. So did Anita Harris. I once met Anita Harris.

Does this mean that if I had still had my Hillman Imp it would be worth a fortune?

Actually, come to think of it, my Hillman was in fact substantially just a lump of red-painted fibreglass and filler, crudely constituted to look a bit like a Hillman Imp.

Jack

Actually, come to think of it, my 480 was in fact substantially just a lump of grey-painted fibreglass and filler, crudely constituted to look a bit like a 480 celebration with a nose job.

lol ;-)