Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear Chassis Leg Repair / Suspension upgrade Tdi 850

Views : 690

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 14th, 2019, 21:22   #1
diplomat2.6

Default Rear Chassis Leg Repair / Suspension upgrade Tdi 850

My 850 just got an advisory on the rear chassis legs and towbar corrosion, so I thought I'd make a job of it whilst I'm waiting for my wheels to be refurbished.

I've got some trailing arm bushes and tool, but when I replaced the rear shocks/springs, I noticed the top washer was like a pie crust. E.g.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5bkseAS8Kuf1Cecn7

Are they easily available (part number 1387906)? Not listed on PFS or ebay but seem to be available abroad - with quite high shipping costs.

Secondly, I sense some welding is needed. Where might the ECU be located in case I need to remove it?

Thirdly, I wondered whether the ride quality might be enhanced by replacing the rear springs. I fitted the Novomat conversion kits from PFS about 5 years ago, and it seems a little bouncy and crashy. It is much better when the tank is full of diesel, or when there are people in the car. They do an Eibach kit for £180 all round which people seem to rate. As the front shock mount seems a little clunky, I could do that at the same time.

All advice/thoughts welcome!

Last edited by diplomat2.6; Jul 14th, 2019 at 21:42.
diplomat2.6 is offline   Reply With Quote