Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VolvoTech CFE Canbus feature extender review.

Views : 40764

Replies : 154

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 19:23   #41
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckbusUK View Post
Sorry post #31 was a reply to my post, and dispite your reply and useful vid, you still cant programme the mirrors to auto fold which was the question, not if VIDA can test the mirror folding operation.

However I think we have now established what the extender box does and what VIDA cant.
I think you'll find i'd already told the OP it couldn't be done in post 25 but feel free to continue this if it floats your boat ..
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 19:50   #42
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post
I think you'll find i'd already told the OP it couldn't be done in post 25 but feel free to continue this if it floats your boat ..
Sorry please re read you post Shadeyman .....

you said
Quote:
Don't think so but I'll have a "mess" later, see if it can.
When I went to school that suggested uncertainty in your conviction as to if it would work or not! ... However the post you were replying to with you post #25 was about dial sweep and windows from the OP, you added the "mirror" function in your reply ..... anyway, as I said, I think we have established what can and cant be done ....... getting bored now!
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 20:14   #43
A lex
Premier Member

Please stop spamming the thread with the mindless crap - it was supposed to help people out.
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A lex For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 20:30   #44
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

there are a few on hear that seem to be like a dog with a bone it was stated that you can not set up the extra functions in vida only test them, if members wish to PLAY then thats up to them, yet again another good thread side swiped.
mike
The Following User Says Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 20:34   #45
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

John on T5D5 is doing something like that from scratch i wish him well and hope he can produce what yours can do
mike
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 20:36   #46
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/24498-f...l/#entry258170
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 12:50   #47
A lex
Premier Member

Bit of an update:

VolvoTech released the newest firmware on 31-DEC, which I finally got around to uploading yesterday.

Mostly bug fixes I think, but for the XC90 two new features:

1. Approach lighting now illuminates when the car is unlocked and also when key removed from ignition

2. The mirrors stay dipped even when moving forwards (after R is selected) up until 5mph..... the idea being that when performing a complicated reverse manoeuvre with lots of to-ing and fro-ing the mirrors aren't constantly switching positions..... a nice touch

I really wouldnt like to live without this gadget now.

The digital speed readout is great for when driving abroad (kph or mph selection) and is also much more accurate than the dial readout.

The mirror dip is fantastic for reversing and the auto fold is something that should have been there from the factory.

Being able to set the parking heater off the key is also neat and has been used a few times this winter.

10/10. Expensive, but worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to A lex For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 20:11   #48
Bigun37

Thanks for the info in this thread regarding the cam bus extender, I've placed an order for one this afternoon. Once again many thanks.
Would it be possible for headlight activation from the fob like what's possible from the column stork? I find it useful when I park at my garages and my gates are closing. I've got lights but I live in a semi rural location and very little light pollution. I do see they are open to requests, I suppose I could ask?
Bigun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 19:19   #49
sdenner

I too have bought one of these and should receive it any day now. Alex - where did you install the unit? I assume you've hidden it behind the dash somewhere near the OBD hatch? I've gone for the OBD cable too, although reading into it a bit more I wonder if the AEM cable for the connector in the boot might have been a neater option so OBD is always free.
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 19:20   #50
A lex
Premier Member

Mine lays just on top of the fuse box inside the dashboard (accessed via the panel revealed when the door is open), its literally a 5 second job to remove and reconnect if I need the OBD for anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to A lex For This Useful Post: