Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section

Notices

Disabled Section Section for disabled users.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Liteway 8 mobility scooter

Views : 6444

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2015, 08:42   #1
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

Default Liteway 8 mobility scooter

A Late Christmas present came yesterday as it as been on back order a class 3 8 mph electric mobility liteway 8 all aluminium frame light weight captains seat the ground clearance just clears from bottoming the 7ft ramp going in the back of the XC90 as the front wheels roll over the tail gate or we can just take seat off & pull the 3 battery packs out the back & me & the mrs can lift it in without a ramp if needed. there is an easy pull lever below the seat & the frame parts into two just behind the basket if smaller cars used or needed oh & its in the living room as the box is that big it came in is in the garage soon as its recycled the scooter will be in the garage not only that it was too bloody cold to mess outside yesterday mick

Old Jan 31st, 2015, 16:05   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

Aluminium lightweight frame, ground hugging, electric powered, lever to seperate the frame.......sounds like the spec for a hybrid supercar..!!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 16:21   #3
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Aluminium lightweight frame, ground hugging, electric powered, lever to seperate the frame.......sounds like the spec for a hybrid supercar..!!

Regards
yes been after one of these for a while tried to get a good second hand class 3 of this one plenty of the smaller ones about gave up in the end & got new its just that it's shorter that my other one & all I need to do is adjust the seat forwards to get it in with out folding the seats down in the 90 so the gran kids still fit in the back regards mick
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 02:01   #4
volvorocks
Rodney

My mother had a rather nifty scooter more or less just like yours, although had a basket on the front. When she passed away, I advised my father to keep it, which he has. Unfortunately he has not bothered looking after the battery and it is kippered, so I would say that if you do not use it often, charge it every 3 weeks or so, as batteries ain't cheap.

Your piccy brings back some good memories as we had great fun with my mother, as she was a bit nervous on it and she didn't half pull some fine stunts...lol...My youngest used to love travelling with her 2 up. I used to love pulling 'wheelies' - great fun - but then again I am small minded - still great fun!!

Regards
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 09:25   #5
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
My mother had a rather nifty scooter more or less just like yours, although had a basket on the front. When she passed away, I advised my father to keep it, which he has. Unfortunately he has not bothered looking after the battery and it is kippered, so I would say that if you do not use it often, charge it every 3 weeks or so, as batteries ain't cheap.

Your piccy brings back some good memories as we had great fun with my mother, as she was a bit nervous on it and she didn't half pull some fine stunts...lol...My youngest used to love travelling with her 2 up. I used to love pulling 'wheelies' - great fun - but then again I am small minded - still great fun!!

Regards
Yes on this liteway there numerous models that are like this one this is the biggest of the family in all it as six batteries in three pull out containers & requires taxing If I am correct the litway 6 as four batteries in two containers & the liteway 4 as two batteries in one container then there is also a 3 three wheel version regards mick
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 19:15   #6
Mike 700
Premier Member

Thumbs up

That's the one I really wanted and just missed a couple of good used examples, but in the end I had this which is a 5 mph job only, but very similar in style. Mine is a metallic red:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (139.3 KB, 11 views)
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 20:25   #7
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

That's ok m8 if it suits your need's. I personally need a captains seat being tall as the short seats start my back off but its only for when I take the caravan away & the grandkids want to come I can leave the seats up with the liteway as it's shorter if not I use my rascal 329le mick
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 21:33   #8
Mike 700
Premier Member

Cool

It really is all about 'suiting our needs' and in my case, it does most of the time, 'cause I really only use it for taking the dog for a walk, probably 1-2 miles most days, and on the pavement ( 10-50 ft, wide grass verges ) but it is also designed for shopping, eating out etc and will break up, without tools to go in the car, but very tight fit in V60, hence thinking about changing to a V70.

I think that I really need an all weather job as well, so I am on the lookout for a used ( cheap) version of a waterproof job, but they are few & far between.
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 23:33   #9
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post

I think that I really need an all weather job as well, so I am on the lookout for a used ( cheap) version of a waterproof job, but they are few & far between.
Can't say about cost, but what about if you contacted a boat canopy/cover place to make you one? We had one made for a boat for a fraction of what it would have cost geting an original.

egards
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 09:41   #10
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
It really is all about 'suiting our needs' and in my case, it does most of the time, 'cause I really only use it for taking the dog for a walk, probably 1-2 miles most days, and on the pavement ( 10-50 ft, wide grass verges ) but it is also designed for shopping, eating out etc and will break up, without tools to go in the car, but very tight fit in V60, hence thinking about changing to a V70.

mike if you mean the one's with waterproof for your self ie: you can get a canopy for most scooters but it would take the versatile factor off it for putting into your car as all the one's I have seen the clamps bolt onto the scooter here's the ultimate one you could keep this one for local the second picture I have seen them today for £399 if you would like to know where inbox me mick

hard top scooter by micky1uk, on Flickr

this is the general type

scooter with rain cover by micky1uk, on Flickr

Or if you want to keep the dog dry (only joking) there is this one

scooter & caravan by micky1uk, on Flickr

Last edited by micky1uk; Feb 6th, 2015 at 09:50.
micky1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to micky1uk For This Useful Post: