Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

new xc90 first impression

Views : 15447

Replies : 168

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2016, 12:01   #151
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xc902017 View Post
I'm really pleased that you guys are getting nearer to a solution for the noise problem with your car.

As some of you know my 20" Inscription, no air, does not suffer from the noise problem that other cars appear to.

My issue all the way along (as detailed elsewhere) has been:

a.) people emotionally venting on these forums without taking any proactive steps to resolve their situation

b.) putting the fear of God into people considering purchasing XC90s, and

c.) not accepting that others are having a different experience to them without being labelled a stooge/ Volvo employee or worse

It's easy to be a moaning keyboard warrior, much tougher to apply some grey matter and the tenacity required to actually seek a resolution - so credit where credit is due.
Have you read the 20" road noise thread as on the whole I find it quite constructive. Like any forums you have to use common sense on taking a balanced view. One thing that is probably true is that infighting weakens the case for anyone who has a genuine issue that they want Volvo to notice.

Last edited by neon; Nov 18th, 2016 at 12:07.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neon For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 19th, 2016, 21:39   #152
Zoo21

Come on guys,..(and ladies..)

I have had a fix.

How do I upload photographs of the tyres that have truly fixed this issue?... see the other thread on road noise.
Zoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2016, 21:59   #153
Zoo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xc902017 View Post
I'm really pleased that you guys are getting nearer to a solution for the noise problem with your car.

As some of you know my 20" Inscription, no air, does not suffer from the noise problem that other cars appear to.

My issue all the way along (as detailed elsewhere) has been:

a.) people emotionally venting on these forums without taking any proactive steps to resolve their situation

b.) putting the fear of God into people considering purchasing XC90s, and

c.) not accepting that others are having a different experience to them without being labelled a stooge/ Volvo employee or worse

It's easy to be a moaning keyboard warrior, much tougher to apply some grey matter and the tenacity required to actually seek a resolution - so credit where credit is due.

Nicely put Sir.
I became aware of an issue with my car from day three...the first two days, I didn't notice because I was trying out the sound system!

I went to the dealer and they were brilliant - because I was professional with them - but I told them, under no confusion, what I would do regarding the Consumer act 2015 - and return the car.

That's when I looked at this forum.. I drew confidence from the thread that a couple of owners, especially Familymangreg and Neon, were posting.

I had a few PM's which I couldn't reply to.. I was accused of placebo and other imaginary remedies.

My car is fixed. My relationship with the dealer is stronger... the only option I did not tick on my ordered car was the tow bar and apple talk
Today, I've got AppleTalk installed on my car. That's how well my dealer relationship is and will be in the future.

I'm not an employee, as already accused. I've invited anyone to come to my office and view my car..to see what was done re the initial pillar fix.

There are just so many ways of sorting a problem out, without going from zero to 10. Thanks everyone for the absolute positive support and tenacity on the road issue.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoo21 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 00:05   #154
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo21 View Post
Come on guys,..(and ladies..)

I have had a fix.

How do I upload photographs of the tyres that have truly fixed this issue?... see the other thread on road noise.
Did you have to pay anything for your new tyres, there are conflicting reports about this, my dealer told me Volvo are charging for the tyres based on the amount of tread used on your original tyres, which I think is not very good customer care if true. Others are saying there is no cost.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 00:14   #155
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Did you have to pay anything for your new tyres, there are conflicting reports about this, my dealer told me Volvo are charging for the tyres based on the amount of tread used on your original tyres, which I think is not very good customer care if true. Others are saying there is no cost.
As far as I am aware nu11eaf, your dealer is the only one that has suggested a cost that I have seen. Mine are being fitted Tuesday and I am not expecting any cost to me, but I will let you know for sure when they are done. My leather seat is being done too, so hopefully on Tuesday I can continue to enjoy what is a great car with the issues I have had being resolved fairly quickly. A good dealer, Volvo's continuous improvements and this forum has made this happen. I just wish the comms from Volvo were better and clearer as it would reduce confusion and would be a good marketing point for Volvo.

Last edited by neon; Nov 20th, 2016 at 00:28.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 00:58   #156
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
As far as I am aware nu11eaf, your dealer is the only one that has suggested a cost that I have seen. Mine are being fitted Tuesday and I am not expecting any cost to me, but I will let you know for sure when they are done. My leather seat is being done too, so hopefully on Tuesday I can continue to enjoy what is a great car with the issues I have had being resolved fairly quickly. A good dealer, Volvo's continuous improvements and this forum has made this happen. I just wish the comms from Volvo were better and clearer as it would reduce confusion and would be a good marketing point for Volvo.
I agree Volvo should be communicating with us directly, It may end up that they tell my dealer not to charge me as I have only done 2,800 miles to date but to show good will you would think a company the size of Volvo just fit the tyres, they are never going to notice the cost. But saying that if the new tyres make a difference it will be worth it if it makes thd car nice to drive, fingers crossed.
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 10:06   #157
Zoo21

Quote:
Apologies...I've posted twice. Internet issues...

Last edited by Zoo21; Nov 20th, 2016 at 10:11. Reason: Poor broadband speed
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 10:09   #158
Zoo21

Quote:
Good question ...

I paid zero.
My tyres had done 2115 miles. I was asked however, what mileage I had done last week.

The dealer is paying for the fix under a discounted parts number - I'm not really sure what that actually means to the dealer but my tyres are being returned to Sweden, as per the deal. That's what I was told yesterday morning.
The MD said that their demonstrator would have to be paid for by themselves, for the conversion.

When I was shown up to the workshop, there was a massive Volvo box on a pallet truck with the tyres in it - shipped from Sweden this week. I asked if I could take some photographs, which I did. The tyres are impressive although look a bit crude with foam lining.

For me, it was all about the relationship with my dealer and fairness. I think and I believe, that they 'could' have charged a nominal amount for the tyres exchange. It'll be interesting to hear if any owner has the first charge applied.
Good luck with your car. I hope it becomes as great as mine has.
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 11:11   #159
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo21 View Post
Good question ...

I paid zero.
My tyres had done 2115 miles. I was asked however, what mileage I had done last week.

The dealer is paying for the fix under a discounted parts number - I'm not really sure what that actually means to the dealer but my tyres are being returned to Sweden, as per the deal. That's what I was told yesterday morning.
The MD said that their demonstrator would have to be paid for by themselves, for the conversion.

When I was shown up to the workshop, there was a massive Volvo box on a pallet truck with the tyres in it - shipped from Sweden this week. I asked if I could take some photographs, which I did. The tyres are impressive although look a bit crude with foam lining.

For me, it was all about the relationship with my dealer and fairness. I think and I believe, that they 'could' have charged a nominal amount for the tyres exchange. It'll be interesting to hear if any owner has the first charge applied.
Good luck with your car. I hope it becomes as great as mine has.
Thanks for that information, if I am presented with a bill I will discuss this with my dealer.
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 19:00   #160
Zoo21

Quote:
Thanks for that information, if I am presented with a bill I will discuss this with my dealer.
If you don't mind me saying, I'd discuss that before your car goes in.
There will be a very awkward moment for both sides if they present you with a bill - which I doubt will happen - but know what you are going into