Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 - Aircon hot one side, cold the other

Views : 2178

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 27th, 2011, 12:32   #1
plinth

Default C70 - Aircon hot one side, cold the other

Hi, just purchased a W-reg C70 and the air into the cabin (with the aircon on or off) blows hot on the driver's side and cool on the passenger side.

I'm not sure there's any difference in temp on the passenger side with the aircon on, but the driver's side just stays hot the whole time. Any suggestions?

Thanks
plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 14:13   #2
Bigmunkynutz
S40 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinth View Post
Hi, just purchased a W-reg C70 and the air into the cabin (with the aircon on or off) blows hot on the driver's side and cool on the passenger side.

I'm not sure there's any difference in temp on the passenger side with the aircon on, but the driver's side just stays hot the whole time. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I had this issue, got my aircon regassed and problem now solved.

05 Plate S40 SE Sport
Bigmunkynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigmunkynutz For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 20:49   #3
feltorange

I had this problem on my V50. I took it to dealer (Tyn Lon, Llanfairpwll) who diagnosed the problem on laptop, remapped the controls, and now it's cold both sides.
feltorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 21:00   #4
Gel

Exclamation

On my V50, on cold mornings, often the driver's side will not heat up, unless I rotate temp dial to cold and then back up again.

Others report a s/ware update will fix; 1st time round my dealer couldn't see fault and did nowt, claimed no knowledge of heater s/w update.

However, in for failed condenser on air con in last week of Guarantee, and also requested they fixed the heating issue; both now seem OK.
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 23:49   #5
Metblackrat

Turn one side down to low and the other to high and then reverse the settings. It either un-sticks the motors or re-calibrates them and they will return to normal. Mine seems to do this about once a year.
Metblackrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000, air conditioning, aircon, c70, hot