Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 Classic (2000) For Sale

Views : 929

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2021, 12:32   #1
WazzaVR6

Default V70 Classic (2000) For Sale

V70 classic (2000) in green, approx 161,000 miles in need of a good home and some TLC

Bodywork poor, dents, scrapes and scratches to almost every panel (boot, bonnet and roof possibly the only to have survived).

Mechanically, runs beautifully and a pleasure on the motorway.

Interior also in good condition for age (with exception of headlining)

Bought 2 years ago as a run-about whilst my motorbike was stored for the winter and its usefulness and reliability has meant that it has stayed with the family far beyond the 6 months intended!

I really am quite sad to be selling this car but I decided it was time to upgrade to something newer.

Prior to my ownership this car has had a mixed and shady history with the battle scars to prove it.

Some of the bad bits:

- at some point someone tried to crowbar open the passenger door. It has been painted but some creases are slightly visible and dents to the door pillar when you open the door.
- minor dents to almost every panel and someone has keyed the passenger and rear driver side doors
- air con doesn't work
- engine light on which hasn't impacted running in two years
- water leak around door seal on drivers side (this has only become noticable since not using the car regularly)
- MOT expires 17th Feb
- tatty headlining
- drivers door check strap broken
- rear drivers side window operates on rear swich only (will not raise on drivers switch)
- Passenger door mirror cracked and heater element cables are not connected
- headlight wipers seized
- in the last couple of days the alarm has started playing up and going off randomly (possibly due to moisture as the car has been parked up for a couple of weeks)

Good bits:

- It will sit on the motorway all day and is really comfortable, smooth and quiet crusing on long journeys
- Full leather interior in good condition (with exception of some wear on the drivers site boulster)
- New front tyres approx 2000 miles on them
- decent tread on rears although they are a budget brand
- new discs and pads put on all around when purchased
- lower front wishbones replaced over last two MOT's
- positive praise for condition to underside by MOT examiners
- 7 seat
- from a distance it looks great!

I really want this car to have a longer life and whilst it looks a bit of a shed it cleans up well and many of the niggles could be fixed with a bit of time and TLC.

It has a private plate that I am selling separately so will put on retention prior to selling the car, unless someone makes me a sensible offer. (It is being advertised on 'regtransfers' at £900.

I'm open to sensible offers and will consider breaking (although i'd prefer not to).

Please message me for more details and photos (the weather has been so poor i've not been able to get any).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E6908[1].jpg (317.7 KB, 74 views)
WazzaVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 16:28   #2
WazzaVR6

Default Now with 12 months MOT

Update with more photos.

MOT until 17th Feb 2022.

Additional info:
2.4 petrol automatic
Cruise control works
Climate control not basic air con

Advertised on gumtree for £1,650. Open to sensible offers.

Plate will come with the car but stereo won’t.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 16:34   #3
WazzaVR6

Apologies but I can’t reply to direct messages as I’ve not reached 30 posts yet...
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 21:28   #4
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzaVR6 View Post
Update with more photos.

MOT until 17th Feb 2022.

Additional info:
2.4 petrol automatic
Cruise control works
Climate control not basic air con

Advertised on gumtree for £1,650. Open to sensible offers.

Plate will come with the car but stereo won’t.
I happen to think that looks really nice, good luck with the sale!

I have a couple of private plates worth different values. You won’t achieve £900 for that or anything like it so I would think twice about that. If you do, let me know who you sell it to as mine will be worth about £1M 🤪!
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote