Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo S80 T6 1999

Views : 657

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:45   #1
Geoffsmart
Geoffsmart

Default Volvo S80 T6 1999

This is the top of the range model with very good alcantra interior and all electrics including sun roof and sat-nav. Also alloy wheels with good tyres.
In very good condition with no rust and for the last 12 years has been self maintained by me as the second owner and has been very reliable. Common issues on suspension joints etc have been dealt with.
Unfortunately gearbox issues have now arisen and at 81 years of age I am not able to contemplate carrying out the necessary work for a replacement unit. It is the geartronic GM 4 speed auto box I have been quoted around £2k for a rebuild which is more than the vehicle is worth in today’s market.
MOT expired last month and the car is on a sorn certificate at the moment.
It is far too good to be scrapped and is offered on this forum as a possible project or a very good donor vehicle. I am not in a position to consider breaking it.
If anyone is interested I will be happy to hear from you.
Geoff. Morris
Geoffsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 19:18   #2
Shinsplintz 101

Geoff, how many miles has it covered please?

Could you also confirm the car is just a bit north of high Wycombe im the chilterns?

Cheers, Morgan
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 11:05   #3
Geoffsmart
Geoffsmart

Yes, Morgan I am 5 miles north of High Wycombe and car has done 130K.
Geoff
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 12:27   #4
Geoffsmart
Geoffsmart

Morgan, just a follow-up.
Do you still have an interest in the car. I am willing to accept just a nominal sum to anyone interested. Anything is better than scrapping it. It's much too good for that.
Geoff