Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SELLING: 2007 XC70 SE Lux needs new home

Views : 796

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:21   #1
XC70Mark
"Custom User Title"

Default SELLING: 2007 XC70 SE Lux needs new home

Not been on these forums for a while but the time has come to sell my XC70 due to lack of use. I want to offer it up here first before I go down the eBay route as this community has been a vast help to me and I'd prefer it went to someone who'll look after it

In 2016 I moved away from the UK but kept the car as I was still returning to carry out freelance work and visit family. As time goes on my return visits have become less frequent and it makes no financial sense to keep paying the annual running costs. The car has lived with a family member getting driven once a month or so and is located in Loughborough...

Anyway, I normally hate buying and selling cars because I'm not one for trying to hide problems or messing around, so I buy and sell on the "good, bad, ugly" approach...

The good:
  • 2007 MY07 '07 plate, last of the P2s
  • 185bhp D5 + 6sp Automatic gearbox
  • Approx 160,000 miles - mostly motorway
  • All the toys: Sunroof, 4C suspension, parking sensors, electric heated seats, BLIS, xenon lights, towbar, HU850 stereo, even a car phone (for nostalgia value I guess?)
  • New MOT 22/02/2021 inc. new battery
  • 4 New Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres fitted before the last European trip. I also have three Nokian WR4 Winter tyres that can go with the car if you want them, two have excellent tread depth and one maybe 30% left

The bad:
  • The alarm system started playing up last summer when I wasn't there. The siren has been disconnected and we're currently seeing if it was the alarm draining the battery or a draining battery causing the alarm to go off
  • The BLIS system occasionally throws a dashboard error, typically in heavy spray, VIDA shows it as an internal camera fault but the system continues to function as best I can tell
  • The sunroof shade has a fault where if it's pulled back there's a scraping noise. I looked into it a while back and it seems to be a plastic clip that breaks but I never really used the sunroof so never got round to fixing it

The ugly:
  • Sunroof seems to be leaking, I haven't seen it in person so can't comment other than it's something I'd prioritise to fix

Put simply, the car is to my best knowledge mechanically sound, the last time I drove it was last Christmas when I flew into the UK, drove it from Leicester to Warsaw, Warsaw to Croatia, then Croatia back to the UK with a boat in tow, a round trip of about 3,500miles, the only thing that went wrong was a ten euro turbo downpipe gasket that I fixed myself before the towing leg home.

With a little love and someone with the time, tools, and a little cash to put things right it would be a great car. Happy to answer any questions or queries, best way to contact me is through Whatsapp or Viber on my Croatian number:

Plus three eight five nine one three six seven double two six nine

As for price I've looked at Ebay and Autotrader and the 2006/7 models seem to vary from ~£3k to over £6k. I'm under no illusions that it's worth the top end due to the issues it has but it's a much better car than the low end so I'd be looking to get £3,000 for it but will obviously consider non-mickey-mouse offers...

Attached photo is from Jan 2020 just before the long Euro trip, I'm working on getting photos of what she currently looks like

Thanks for looking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSX_20200103_145155_small.jpg (353.3 KB, 67 views)
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 14:43   #2
XC70Mark
"Custom User Title"

Well it seems you can't edit posts after three hours so I'll post a reply...

Got some pictures and forgot to mention that the car also has the official Volvo bluetooth module for hands free communication with your phone, which is actually pretty good...