Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 R-Design

Views : 561

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 13:22   #1
trailer

Default C30 R-Design

I'm in the market for a new coupe, (Currently 03 Celica), and have been looking at the usual suspects RX-8 etc. Hunting through the 'net I saw the C30 mentioned so decided to delve further.Thus I have a couple of questions!

The differences, as far as I can tell between the R-Design Sport and the R-Design Sport SE seem to consist of 18" alloys and the info centre. Is that about it or am I missing something?

Plus!

D5, 2.0D or a petrol.............

Cheers in advance.
trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 13:35   #2
bryand
C30 devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer View Post
The differences, as far as I can tell between the R-Design Sport and the R-Design Sport SE seem to consist of 18" alloys and the info centre. Is that about it or am I missing something?
That's about it. And frankly, I don't know that the R-Design package is worth £2000 just to get blue instruments and two-tone seats.

Quote:
IMHO modern diesels have improved so much that there is no point in buying a petrol car any more. I've had my 2.0D for 7K miles now, and I love it. If you want more power, try the D5 remembering that it's the most expensive engine you can get in a C30.
bryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 13:49   #3
Dave Brown

Quote:
I'm in the market for a new coupe, (Currently 03 Celica), and have been looking at the usual suspects RX-8 etc. Hunting through the 'net I saw the C30 mentioned so decided to delve further.Thus I have a couple of questions!
Plus!
Cheers in advance.
Hi there trailer,

The differences are the 18"Atreus wheels, Info Centre & Rain Sensor & Autodimming rear view mirror,
As for the engine choice?
Again the D5 is fantastic, but the best on balance is the 2.0D, £800 more expensive than the 2.0 Petrol but about 25% more economical (49.6 vs 38.2 mpg) with on paper the two perform identical, but the diesels torque gives wonderful flexibility.

Dave
Dave Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 15:17   #4
trailer

Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing it's the D5 or the 2.0D then.

For the difference in price between the I think the R-Design Sport "standard" might be the better option for me. The R-Design body kit looks the part though.

Last edited by trailer; Jan 24th, 2008 at 16:17.
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 17:16   #5
trailer

Had a test drive in a C30 D5 today. Admittedly it was an auto but I was more than impressed by the drive and the engine. Very torquey and quick.

Watch this space.