Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

intercooler sprays

Views : 1000

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 21:14   #1
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Default intercooler sprays

Hi All

after a bit of thought (rare) i've became a bit concerned about running the nitrous as well as the 19t. I did think about just plumbing it in as a purge kit to spray from the bonnet, but my bro came up with the idea of having it spray onto the intercooler to cool it so its doing something & not just for show. It has been done before so there must be some benefit doing it but will it work better than the water spray i've been threatening to finish for the last year or so? or should i just stop being a wimp, get it fitted as it should be & finish the original water spray so i can have both

main question being is there any advantage using nos to cool the intercooler instead of water
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 21:25   #2
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Hi there

Sell the NOS kit ? Ebay it off or something . . and get yourself a 2D Aquamist install ?

Intercooler spraying will get you murdered at a 1/4 day ! If the wardens are feeling tight ?

Chris
3" SW Autos turbo back exhaust - Custom intake - S60R Green Injectors - TD04-19T turbo - MTE ECU remap - BSR Boost Gauge - Powerflex / QBM bushes - 19" Volvo Pegasus alloy wheels - Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red calipers - Volvo S60R front discs - AP Racing Pads - 2004 headlamps and indicators - Koni Yellow Suspension Kit
SaffronC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 21:35   #3
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronC70
Sell the NOS kit ? Ebay it off or something . . and get yourself a 2D Aquamist install ?
its not worth selling, i only paid £130 for it off ebay so not going to get anything for it, besides i'm sure it'll get used on something in the future if i don't use it now

Quote:
Intercooler spraying will get you murdered at a 1/4 day ! If the wardens are feeling tight ?
i have actually thought about that, Santa pod won't let you use intercooler sprays because most people use water which drips onto the track which they've taken a couple of hours to prep, as nos is a gas i would of thought it wouldn't affect the track in any way so would be ok to use (not confirmed)
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 22:50   #4
Dan850R

I plumbed up an intercooler spray using hoselock mister jets and a peugeot 205 washer tank, didnt really notice any difference in performance, but after a long run the intercooler and intake pipe were a lot cooler than without it! if subaru use them on the wrx then it cant be a bad idea!
Dan850R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:18   #5
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Subaru also put "STI" on the back of some of their cars

Sprays can't exactly hurt, but they're only really any good if you get stuck in traffic, as far as I'm aware. Nitrous purge gas is supposed to be bloody cold, so I guess it work would work nicely!

A bigger intercooler would probably be a better idea. The Turbobricks guys have been buying up small truck units, and one of the guys can get a unit which is massive, fully welded/all alloy, and virtually a drop-in for a 2/7/940 for about £50.

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 11:35   #6
stv_babes
Grrrrrrrr

would it not be beneficial to set the spray up to spray a fine mist close or into the induction pipe to cool the air before it gets sucked in?

any benefit to this? like an extremely crude aquamist
Disabled DRL's, OEM Strut Brace, K & N Filter, Drilled Air Box with Custom Air Feed, Wig Wags (Police Lights) Meshed Front Grille, Custom 3" Exhaust, Tinted Rear Lights & Side Repeaters, MBC @ 13psi, Poly Top Engine Mount.
stv_babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 19:18   #7
Craig ii

Nitrtous spraying can be beneficial on 1/4 mile runs, especially on a hot day when the car is backed up for 15-20 minutes and a good spray on the intercooler can noticeably improve times.
Craig ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 23:31   #8
Suterman
240 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames
A bigger intercooler would probably be a better idea. The Turbobricks guys have been buying up small truck units, and one of the guys can get a unit which is massive, fully welded/all alloy, and virtually a drop-in for a 2/7/940 for about £50.

cheers

James

heheh!!
1985 Bedford CF2 B230E
Suterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 13:22   #9
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames

cheers

James

Yep, time to get me one of those i think.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 13:32   #10
cherry1809
Middle aged Member

I knew i'd seen it somewhere.Can be used with either Nitrous or Co2....or a fire extinguisher

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRAY...QQcmdZViewItem
cherry1809 is offline   Reply With Quote